Complaint about judges

My son went to Morocco at the start of April to get married. It is the 22nd April, he is still there. He was due to fly home on 23rd but the judge has asked for a 2nd meeting to ask more questions, for no given reason. He has had to cancel his flight and lose his money. He has a week left then has to be back at work. Can anyone suggest what he can do to get sorted in the time he has left? Complain about the judge. Would the British Embassy in Rabat help? Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks. Rick.

This is Morocco's internal matter. I doubt any embassy can help you with this. Judge's can hold interview to cross verify documents. Police can also do the same in marriage process.

If marriage in Morocco is not feasible, try to do it in some other country. Maybe a fiance visa can be used to bring your son's partner over to UK and marry here?

If your son is yet to get judge approval, it will take at least 1 week more to finish the process. He will go to police after approval, wait for police checks, then collect docs from court again which takes 5 days, then go to adoul, sign and then wait for certificate(1-2 days more).

I agree with Benson  marriage in Morocco is not a simple process  at any stage a judge can ask for more information       Is your son Muslim as my understanding is you need to revert to marry a Muslim woman   

Yes, he has converted to Islam and  has submitted all the correct papers. Not sure what else they need. I see there is a complaint line for the Courts. Her father will not let her travel to UK unmarried so he is stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea. Everyone seems to want a back hander. Thanks for your input thus far.

@rick70096 ok so this is good   you and your son have done everything required  personally i would not complain about a delay due to additional questions   I would go through that course and delay returning to work and complete the marriage      then your son will need to apply for a uk visa for his wife thats a whole different hassle too    so wishing you all good luck with the journey  -  what city are they getting married in incidentally? 

@rick70096 ive been here since the end of march, i had embassy appointment on the 2nd of April and still not married. They are very slow. Today i had the police interview, they said we have to wait 2-3 days for a call. i never imagined id be here for over a month but ive spent so much money going back and forth to just go home now. we offered money to speed the process but unfortunately the police wouldnt accept.

I'm jumping on this thread. My husband and I were going back and forth a to marry in UK or Morocco.  In the end we flew to Tiblisi Georgia and got married without any drama.  Feel free to dm me for info

@Zig8UP

They are getting married in Agadir. He has used up all his holiday for the year by taking the extra week. We are hoping they keep their word and issue papers tomorrow, but the wheels turn slowly, as you said. We are preparing for the next frustration of the UK visa if it happens.

@ancillamcpherson

Thank you for commenting. If it all falls apart, it is a further avenue to explore👍

This is really sad but hey its not unique to your son.. there are so many hurdles to go through. Am talking from experience. however having used a lawyer to get my marriage approved, I truly understand why the process is super tedious for foreigners. Be patient and in the end your son will be happy hopefully.

@Kasmicm Many thanks!

My son went to Morocco at the start of April to get married. It is the 22nd April, he is still there. He was due to fly home on 23rd but the judge has asked for a 2nd meeting to ask more questions, for no given reason. He has had to cancel his flight and lose his money. He has a week left then has to be back at work. Can anyone suggest what he can do to get sorted in the time he has left? Complain about the judge. Would the British Embassy in Rabat help? Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks. Rick.

-@rick70096

If you've already met with the judge after completing the other interviews, it suggests they need further clarification on some matters. This is a common scenario in international marriages, where bureaucratic processes can be extensive and unpredictable, especially when one party is a foreign national. The best approach here is patience. It's also advisable in such situations to avoid booking return tickets too rigidly, as proceedings can vary greatly in duration—sometimes resolving quickly, other times taking longer than expected.

Hopefully, there won't be any further complications, and the process will conclude smoothly soon.