S Pass Application Concern

I received a job offer a week ago, and the company has applied for an S Pass on my behalf. However, I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, and my occupation, work experience is added as a software developer in the S Pass Application form. The company applied for the S Pass under the job title of cyber security engineer because that's the only S Pass quota available. I'm a bit worried that my S Pass application might be rejected. Is there any chance I can obtain an S Pass based on this scenario?

@luthor70682 I don't think anybody here can tell how the processing officers at MoM would judge your case, especially as you gave only very limited information.

How did the company justify hiring a foreigner for the job? What were the criteria why they chose you?

my occupation, work experience is added as a software developer in the S Pass Application form. The company applied for the S Pass under the job title of cyber security engineer

Is your work experience as software developer applicable for the job as cyber security engineer? And is that the job you would be doing in Singapore?

The officer MAY have a question to the company on WHY they select a person with non-relevant degree; but if the company can convince the officer, SPass application will still be approved.

Anw, the company made a very unwise decision to apply SPass with a job title different from the real job ( cyber security engineer vs software developer ). Generally, these two roles are not overlap or exchangable (a cyber security engineer cannot write enterprise application and a sofware developer cannot detect or defense cyber attack). If MOM finds out, the company might be in trouble.

I received a job offer a week ago, and the company has applied for an S Pass on my behalf. However, I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in English, and my occupation, work experience is added as a software developer in the S Pass Application form. The company applied for the S Pass under the job title of cyber security engineer because that's the only S Pass quota available. I'm a bit worried that my S Pass application might be rejected. Is there any chance I can obtain an S Pass based on this scenario?

-@luthor70682

@beppi I think they choose me because they like my coding skills and attitude.

@Patrick Collison I am a little confused that some say 'Degree is not needed for S pass application because S pass is Skill pass not EP (Employment Pass)'.I don't know what is going on.

@beppi actually I have both knowledge in Cyber Security and Software Development. But my Software Development knowledge is more than Cyber Security Knowledge.

@luthor70682 So, what job title were you offered?

If you are hired as security engineer and the work pass says security engineer, then it's o.k.

But if you are hired as software developer and the work pass says security engineer - you are NOT ALLOWED to work in that job!

In any case, getting the work pass depends on the company convincing MoM that they need to get you (a foreigner) for the job. Based on what you wrote, I have my doubts that that will be successful.

@Patrick Collison I am a little confused that some say 'Degree is not needed for S pass application because S pass is Skill pass not EP (Employment Pass)'.I don't know what is going on.
    -@luthor70682

The requirements for being able to apply for an S-Pass are here:

https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permi … ligibility

A degree is not needed.

My S pass is approved today.Maybe I was lucky.Anyways thank you all.

@beppi Hi all, My S Pass is pending more than 5 months , is there anyone had the same situation and get the approval after 5 months, why this is taking so long for some they got their approval within 4 days, is that because the nationality???

@Cooray99 5 months is an unusually long processing period. Your employer should contact MoM to ask what is holding it up and when the result could be expected!

@Cooray99 you should ask the company that applied S pass for you and is your S pass still pending in MOM website?