New Law on Indemnity Payment

Hi Everyone, For any similar situations in my case. There is a new law in Indemnity here in Bahrain.

That the employer must remit to SIO the total calculations. Do they need updated CPR coz my CPR expired?.

or do they need only the updated Bank Statement?, Grateful if you could answer this query? @ Xtang, @logical indian?, Anyone?

The rule came into effect on 1st March.  Employers are supposed to contribute monthly to SIO to provide for an employees indemnity.  Regulations were not clear as to what the treatment is for existing employees.  In any case, upon termination, the employee applies to SIO to get his benefit.

In any case, you are too worried about your expired CPR - judging by the multiple posts on this angle.  If you have a valid visa still, just go online and renew cpr. If you don't, then just apply to SIO and they will tell you what the requirements are.

Now I am assuming that your cpr has expired. But if your cpr is valid but visa has been cancelled (and you are within period of legal stay), your cpr will be accepted.

Many Thank @Xtang for the reply.