The German Foreign Ministry warns of scams after virtual dating.

Germany advises its nationals against traveling to Russia after flirting

The German Foreign Ministry warns of scams after virtual dating.        https://www.instagram.com/p/C5DvfTXNJbf … 74095890f4

Published on 03/29/2024 5:43 p.m.

In Germany, the authorities have issued an unprecedented warning to lovers of dating sites. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs advises its nationals against traveling to Russia after flirting virtually on a site. The warning was published Thursday March 28 on the ministry's Instagram account. The authorities also mention an increase in internet scams targeting European and American nationals.

Beware of the trap of online dating: this is in essence the warning issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which calls on users of dating sites like Tinder, Hinge or Bumble to be wary of fake profiles. “For a first date with an online flirt, Russia is not the best destination,” reads the Instagram account.

The ministry cites increasingly frequent arbitrary arrests. The reasons given are most often futile, such as details noted on social networks, a post, a photo or the mention of the word "war" in a comment, even an old one. “Any criticism of Putin or of the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine” can lead to years in prison, writes the ministry.

According to the latest figures made public, around thirty Germans are imprisoned in Russia, but the real number could be higher according to the government. The authorities also warn that in the event of arrest, diplomacy has its limits. “It's not like in Hollywood movies, we can't get you out of prison just anywhere,” the ministry concludes.

https://www.francetvinfo.fr/internet/re … 55687.html  jean luc 1f609.svg

@jean luc1 :) First time i have read such a stupid thing. :) Nice try

Lovely tale, but can we have their names, please?

I see many stories on a variety of topics, but such things require proof if they are to be believed.

A quick Google shows zero hits.

I call BS propaganda untill we see details

A quick Google shows zero hits.I call BS propaganda untill we see details        -@Fred

The Federal Foreign Office has been strongly advising against traveling to Russia since the terrible terrorist attack last week. Arbitrary arrests occur again and again in Russia. “Little things” are enough as “reasons”: a post, a photo, a comment from years ago, an art event or simply the word “war”. Any criticism of Putin or the Russian war of aggression against Ukraine can lead to years in prison. And that also applies to Germans!

The Foreign Office's options in such cases are not limitless. Unlike Hollywood movies, we can't just get you out of prison anywhere. That's why you should take our travel and safety advice for Russia seriously.

And be careful with Tinder, Hinge, Bumble and Co: there can be false motives behind new contacts. Russia is currently not the best destination for a first date with online flirting.

3 days           https://www.instagram.com/p/C5DvfTXNJbf … abecd35afd

A quick Google shows zero hits.
I call BS propaganda untill we see details

-@Fred

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5DvfTXNJbf … 74095890f4

I for one don't understand the main point of this post. The title purports to warn against online dating, but the content and linked site are primarily about the arbitrary arrests elsewhere. Nor am I following the replies to the post: what does @MikhailProkopenko777 mean by "stupid thing"? the reference to arrests? the alleged advisory by the German Ministry? whose names is @Fred asking for?

Fake dating profiles are nothing new. This form of scam has been going on for several decades, worldwide, even before the creation of the Internet. There are thousands of videos on Youtube about people who got scammed thinking they found "love".

People just need to put their mobile aside and start being realistic if they are actually interested in dating.

This is an official warning given by German Foreign Affairs. It seems that some Germans have found themselves behind bars for sedicious remarks against Putin. following a trip for a love date. Don't forget that Russia is waging war on us. for me Russia is over    jean luc 1f609.svg

Ok, but in that case the matter of "love" or dating is secondary. The title of this post should reflect its actual topic.

This is an official warning given by German Foreign Affairs. It seems that some Germans have found themselves behind bars for sedicious remarks against Putin. following a trip for a love date. Don't forget that Russia is waging war on us. for me Russia is over    jean luc 1f609.svg-@jean luc1

But who are they?

Where are individual arrests with names and details reported?

Russia is at war with Ukraine, that being caused by a CIA led revolution that removed the elected government in favour of a pro-west leader.

Google 'national endowment for democracy' and 'Ukraine'.

The west is engaged in a proxy war with Russia, not Russia against the west.

I have no love for Putin, but you should be aware of facts before posting political 'facts'.

I will try to get some time at the weekend to hunt down the story, but the lack of any detail, and nothing showing up on quich searches, suggests it's propaganda.

Perhaps members could try to prove the story by searching for Germans arrested in Russia. I've been very busy so haven't spent ay serious time, but I only found one arrest about drugs.

Edit - Added for context

https://theconversation.com/british-tro … ays-224896

As I said, the west is at war with Russia, not the other way around.

Hello everyone,

Please let us end this debate here. I am sticking it so it remains visible and informative

Regards

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed