Driving Enhancement Program

I'm getting ready (today) of renewing my Drivers license. I've past the test online for the 10 year license.

What is troubling to me is:

On the LTO portal it says you must complete the Driver Enhancement Program prior to initial renewal of the 5 year license. It is a five hour course. WHAT?

With all the posts about the LTO I've never heard this mention.

@Enzyte Bob what I recently learned is that the portal says one thing and the LTO offices say something different. I know now that I will simply stop by the LTO office and ask exactly what I need. Otherwise you may be doing way more than required by that particular LTO office. People on this forum told me I would have to leave the country for a day and then come back to get a stamp on my passport that the portal said I needed. But I simply went to a particular LTO office that everyone I talked to in real life told me to go. I didn't need to leave the country and spend hundreds of dollars or more. This particular office reads the rules different. They read it that you need 4 months of a visa and it includes extensions..just needed 4 months in country. And they simply wanted a copy of the receipt of my latest extension. So that cost me 8 pesos for the copy and 785 for the license conversion. Much cheaper than listening to people on this forum who don't know what they think they know. My advice would be go to the LTO office you want to use and ask them exactly what you need. It will save you a lot of time and money.

I'm getting ready (today) of renewing my Drivers license. I've past the test online for the 10 year license.
What is troubling to me is:

On the LTO portal it says you must complete the Driver Enhancement Program prior to initial renewal of the 5 year license. It is a five hour course. WHAT?

With all the posts about the LTO I've never heard this mention.

-@Enzyte Bob

Bob, it is just the online course that you access at that same LTO site which also has your LTO information. My wife and I both took that course which is just a series of modules involving driving here. As I recall, it was kind of interesting. After you go through that material which is not 5 hours, you are free to save and continue later, the site brings you to the final step which is the online exam. The exam is pretty straightforward but I remember the questions were not related to the course material. After you finish the exam it gives you a grade and you print out the certificate which you bring to LTO. Now that I think if it you do need a printer for that and some people may not have one  Going through the course modules or presentations was not a big thing which is why I didn't think to bring it up. When you say you will take the test, talking the course, completing the exam and printing out the certificate are what you need to do, all online.

danfinn commented. . . .Bob, it is just the online course that you access at that same LTO site which also has your LTO information. My wife and I both took that course which is just a series of modules involving driving here. As I recall, it was kind of interesting. After you go through that material which is not 5 hours, you are free to save and continue later, the site brings you to the final step which is the online exam. The exam is pretty straightforward but I remember the questions were not related to the course material. After you finish the exam it gives you a grade and you print out the certificate which you bring to LTO. Now that I think if it you do need a printer for that and some people may not have one  Going through the course modules or presentations was not a big thing which is why I didn't think to bring it up. When you say you will take the test, talking the course, completing the exam and printing out the certificate are what you need to do, all online.

Instead of posting on two different threads, I'll combined them.

I did take the test online for the 10 year license and printed out the results. My son handled all the window red tape. He presented the 10 year certificate and they asked if I would be driving and he said probably not.

A 10 year drivers license (good to 2034) was issued with no mention of the DEM program or test results.

We arrived at the Robinson Mall a few minutes before 10 when this entranced opened.

The LTO & Doctors office is separated by a wall. The Doctors exam cost P600 and the drivers license cost P585. Grab fare round trip was P600.

We completed everything by 11:10. Considering this was the first thing Monday morning, it was not really a good time to do this, but it worked out. The LTO was out of plastic blanks for the license so a paper one was issued. They said they will text me when the plastic license is available.

At this location there was no dress code.