Cost of living and Pros and cons of living in Sri Lanka

@tortuga444

Hi,

What else bothers you  dear in SR?

I seriously consider to relocate there.

Your honest advice, like pros and cons   ...

Please

Thanks

I really like Sri Lanka except Colombo. In general people are friendly, however you must always take in account that they try to get the better of you. Economic situation is desperate for most so I can't really blame them. You LL learn fast not to fall for it

I never was here during rainy season but I am told it can get pretty depressing so I spend summer in Europe.

Sri Lanka has a multitude of natural beauty, moving here you ll find wonderful spots off the tourist masses.

• At the moment political situation is quite stable, still avoid demonstrations, taking fotos , posting  of them. Police repercussions for that are pretty harsh.
  • If you get easily used to the slow pace, working at their own speed (, working prices are extremely low ) you will also love it.

• Good start! Helga

Dear  Helga, appreciated your response.

My biggest issue  is ...

How much I should pay for a furnished apartment or a small house in Galle ?

Will   100 US dollar be enough ?

My monthly budget is   approx..  550 Us Dollar , without alcohol, tobacco etc..   would be enough to survive?

I had been for 6 months in Philipinnes,  it was pretty tough, noisy, dirty, people are extremely low educated etc..

How is there?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

Please note that I have created this new thread on the Sri Lanka forum so that you may better discuss.

The other thread was about : Waste management and is not fitting.

Regards

Bhavna