Platform for apartment rentals in San Pedro

Hi all.

Just planning my November 2024 to March 2025 winter stay in San Pedro this year. Despite my search I couldn't find a online platform where I can look for a 1-2 bedroom apartment to rent (at locals houses not luxury expat homes) in the vicinity of San Pedro Downtown. I am not into fancy apartments, just a quieter area, clean and friendly landlords. I just bring myself, no partner, pets, I am non-smoker just in case. Thanks for any recommendations.

@travelbeat there is no site for this, occasionally there are apartments for rent in the San Pedro Sun classifieds, but often you need to contact the real estate offices directly to see if they know of anything coming up this far in advance.  Front street Keller WIlliams may be able to help. 

@matthewstromgren thank you, I look into that.

@travelbeat There are also quite a few Facebook pages on rentals in Belize, with some being location specific.

@Brigitte B Thanks, yes I am part of those FB groups that rent out Expat houses and apartments.

We had better luck using Facebook and found a "normal" rental not intended for tourists. We're near Belmopan. I don't know Ambergris Caye, but suspect there's similar. There's no way locals would pay the kinds of prices you see for tourist/expat dwellings.

When you walk around town you see so many homes with bonus apartments for rentals. When I've asked my students, they pay $250 or so per month for a semi-furnished 1 bed.

Awesome, yes I agree on the Expat rates. Which group did you sign up for local rentals? Thanks for your great info.