Court procedures and exceptions

hi Everybody,

Im kash and just one important question!!

morroco adoul court requirement is to have a employer letter with payslips ?

what if you you dont  work and you are resident and british citizen off uk ,and also don't work.

and you are on government benefits such as (personal independent payment ( PIP)

would court still require employment latter amd wages slip ?

please anyone from casa blanca knows that citys family court legislations then please leave a short line for my peace off mind as i am ready.

thanks

@islamkash Hi.

You need to show proof of employment or business as the marriage court needs to see your salary slips from last 3 months, alternatively you can get p60 tax document, but as you don't work this is not possible either. I dont think this is possible with benefit payments as these are not salary.

How will you get spouse visa for your partner if you dont even have a job? You need a minimum income of £29,000 per year to get spouse visa now.

No you dont have to  dont make that mistake  show bank statement. I mean for Morroco NOT UK.

@Benson Harrison

visa

i am except from showing income

thats why i need to know weather adoul the court would consider special circumstances, anyways if your not from uk u wont understand what i have clearly stated on the post

Bank statement is not a requirement! salary slip is a requirement!

No you dont have to  dont make that mistake  show bank statement. I mean for Morroco NOT UK.

-@SalehUS Salary slip is a requirement, bank statement is not a requirement.

@Benson Harrison

for Morrocan court? you can get away with bank statements.

@islamkash

I am from the UK, that is why I told you P60 is needed in case you don't have a job. I did my nikkah in August 2023 in Morocco so speaking from experience.

3 months salary slip from regular employment or 3 months from business. Morocco does not recognise pip and benefits.

Adoul only gives you list of documents needed and helps you sign nikkah papers, they cannot say YES or NO for your marriage, neither can they accept any special circumstances because they dont have the authority for it.

Family and Social Affairs Court in Casablanca has a judge for approving documents and foreign marriage before you can sign your nikkah papers in ADOUL. If the judge rejects your document, you cannot sign the nikkah papers(happened with my birth certificate).

Without salary slip from 3 months and without any employment, business etc, you will be rejected. Its a basic principle in Islam for a man to be a provider, which Morocco's court implements. Women dont need to show any employment, for men it is mandatory.

@SalehUS Brother I have a list of documents from adoul and when I did my nikkah I asked them if I can show my bank statement, they refused because the family and social affairs court will not accept bank statement. You need to show employment proof to prove you can provide for your partner, this is what they want to see.

Also thinking about bank statements, there needs to be a steady income being credited in your account, if there is no income how will you show bank statements?

There is no specified amount you need to show, just salary for 3 months.

@Benson Harrison

brother, there is away trust me. I just found out that you could get away with a birth certificate. 

@SalehUS

There is no way to "get away" without any documents. Your documents are verified by a judge in court, when judge approves, the police verifies them right after and gvie you final approval.

In my case my birth certificate needed to be translated in french from Indian consulate, it was in Hindi from India. Without this translation the judge rejected my birth certificate and I had to wait 2 extra days for translation. 1f605.svg

Please dont spread misinformation.

There are numerous posts here in which the Moroccan mixed marriage procedure is listed, please go and read.

@Benson Harrison

you do not know every single case out there. Just because rejected yours does not mean everyone else was or will be rejected.

At least say that is my experience. The one I told you it was an actual case. I did not know before did mine.

At least people see my post, then they can try. There is always an exception. It is not illegal.  But it is not my fault you don't understand it.

Just for your info, I only provided bank statement and I DID NOT provide my income number. Does that show, I will have to read a thread still?

@Benson Harrison

can i DM you if you do not mind me asking you for few things.

thanks

@Benson Harrison

im a british men and i read all i need to know ,specially the requirement depends dif for dif country apparently

@muzzichuzzi

off course..44

07305445799 whats up or direct message me on vodaphone

@Benson Harrison

i receive yearly dwp break down off what i get from benefits a year,

would that be excepted as income proof ???

my income is £1000 per month

@muzzichuzzi yes sure brother

@islamkash Yes if you get pip, benefits credited in your bank, you can printout bank statements and highlight the credited money as income, make sure you do last 3 months statements. This should work inshaAllah.

Also the requirements of documents are same for all nationality. There is no different process for anyone. UK, USA, EU all nationality have a standard list of documents. You can check my post or other british nationals post to verify this.

At my process time there was alot of different nationality in court, africans, americans, british( me and 1 more man), europeans, and we all had same documents. I have attached picture of the list of documents for you.

yibhUXB

@SalehUS There is a standard list of documents that adoul gives to everyone. Its called mixed  marriage documents. Its same for everyone regardless of nationality.

I have done my nikkah and helped 10+ people in theirs. All had same documents. Moroccan courts will reject marriage request without proper document, this is my experience and this is what everyone posts on forum.

If you have another method, post it with proofs so you can help others.

@islamkash List of documents for marriage by Adoul

Whats-App-Image-2023-06-24-at-19-03-41.jpg

@Benson Harrison

Brother, it is not like that. Calling mixed marriage does not have anything to do with our argument.

First, if you provide any document to the court, the court must be able to read it. However, it is a different case if you don't provide it. This is for your case of translation. This is comparing apples and oranges.

I'm an IP lawyer in US. I have spoken with US Family Lawyers, an immigration lawyer, and two Morrocan lawyers.  I have done Pre-nub and certified translation in Morroco and `US.  So in the legal point of view, it is different.

For example, if one has a birth certificate in a place that he/she cannot go get it. The judge can waive that.

It does not make any sense if you say it is the same for all countries. Each country has his own treaty and agreement with the other country. I don't have time to explain this more.

It is none of the Police or court business to see how rich I'm. you can get residency by having some money inyour account. I know amorrocan family with two kids and they have $1000 income and they live their life. so it is not that complicated.

I did not provide my salary neither to the police not to the court. I provided a bank statement that has lower amount.

What Iam trying to say, in other words:

1) they may not follow the law always. According to Islamic law and Morrocan law, there must be two witnesses during the contract. In my case there was only one Adoul and they did it. The do not follow laws like US and UK. There are not much lawsuits.

2) there is always an exception for a reasonable situation.

So as long as I can live and not starve or become homeless, then they will approve. Actually that is same for UK too, from last year UK raised the minimum income to bring spouses to UK.

By the way Adoul means Notary. He does not know much. Most of them they do not speak proper Arabic.

@SalehUS

Yes I agree with you brother, you are right that cases can be different, however i have posted the list I have from adoul above.

By the way, I was speaking about birth certificate not income proof. I dont think they care how much you earn but only want to see a stable, regular income.

Also if we are going to get married in a different country, its best we take all required documents and not return back to our home disheartened.

@Benson Harrison

Brother, I did not show them I have a stable income. They asked and I said that is. Just statement of Bank. Take it or leave it. I think with $10,000 bank statement can get residency for a year.

For the birth certificate, the main reason that I know they want to know if your parents are Muslim or not. That is what the judge looking for. Worst case, you can bring a letter from your Islamic center from the UK or the US or do "shahada"  and have a good reason, for example, I was a US officer and now if i go back they prosecute me in that country. Then the judge will help you. But if you have your birth certificate and the Judge cannot rea it (not Arabic and not French), then they ask for a translation.

@SalehUS do you need to show income or employment proof if youre  woman marrying a man in morocco and staying there? we do not want to come to the US. we would like to marry and stay in morocco but i saw they asked for washes proof. i dont fully understand this issue

@SalehUS When did you get married in Morocco? which year? the list I posted is from 2023.

I am asking because you are not up to date with some of the information.

Even with a muslim name you need to sometimes take sahada in Morocco in adoul for marriage. I took my sahada certificate from my UK mosque in arabic and the judge refused to accept it. He told me to get sahada from Morocco adoul with adoul stamp. This has been a standard procedure now from few years but again, some individuals can get lucky with the process.

Here is the list again if you did not see it.

Whats-App-Image-2023-06-24-at-19-03-41.jpg

@Benson Harrison

Man, your info does not make sense. The judge cannot refuse it only. The judge refuses it and will give you a reason. That is everywhere. It is called reasonable and common sense. 

If you have a clear Muslim name then no one can dispute it. But if your name is Muslim but for other nationalities, then they need to know your parent's name which is needed for the birth certificate (Aqid Izdiad). If you don't have Birth Certificate and have a good reason that cannot get it (for example a place of war) then get a letter from your Islamic center or do a shahada.

No judges will ask you for shahada if you are a real Muslim. Means knowing Arabic and the Quran and being able to show a good sample in front of the judge. But if you are just Muslim by ID and your name is not Muslim and have no clue about Islam. Of course, they will ask you for shahada.

People are non-Muslim and have names in the US and UK like Steve and just take one Shahada then done. it is easy. Just need to prove that you are Muslim. very simple. No matter what year. As long as the country is following Islam in basic rules then the man has to be Muslim (even if it is just fake Muslim). 

Again, man, Adoul means Public Notary. He does not know the law. He is just preparing the paper. My Adoule does not know Arabic as my wife. Adoule just needs his money.

Again, and again it is not about luck. It is called reasoning or reasonableness. It is the law. For example name Omed is a Muslim name but they don't know. then they ask for a birth certificate to show if your parents are Muslim or not. it depends. You need to convince the Judge that for example Abdulla from the UK who teaches at this Mosque is Muslim or Mr. Steven who is part of the Muslim community in London is Muslim. See two different cases. But if there is a doubt a simple verbal Shahada is proof for that and it is sometimes just for the marriage not for God.

I got married in 2024.

@Vally0098

if you want to come to US or the UK, that is the job of the immigrants of the UK and the US to know if the person bringing the wife can support you financially. The is an income limit.

If you are a woman and marrying a Morrocan man, my understanding is that is easier. for example, if the man has a house, and a little bit of income or lives with family (as a Muslim family does) then it is acceptable.

In that case, the burden on the man in Morroco. If you show employment, then of course that is good. But the minium requirement is that the breadwinner (in Morroco is the man) is proof that can live and I think you can do that easily with $800 a month. either monthly income or a bank statement or employment.

Hope that helps. May I ask one woman who married a Morrocan man. Iam male and married morrocan woman. But Muslim and studied both in Muslim country and US as well. I think, in your case the man is responsible for living in Morroco.

Thank you ‘both gentlemen'

@SalehUS  You are generalising Moroccan courts on how it works in USA and UK courts. In Moroccan courts documents that are not certified or stamped or apostilled dont work.

One of my pakistani friend's proof of being muslim was refused, he is from UK. He took his passport, birth certificate(muslim parents) and letter from mosque for proof, ofcourse everything was translated in Arabic by certified translator. His name is "Mohammed". The judge refused it and asked him to get a sahada certificate certified by Adoul from Morocco

If you go read on this forum, there are alot of other posts telling similar story. There are also stories of people doing police interviews before final court approval, I was not asked for any interview. My wife's friend who married in same month as us, was asked for Police interview. Moroccan process can be very arbitrary and random.

Maybe you got lucky but generally people get refused for small errors in Morocco. Its best we take proper documents and not just assume what is "common sense" and what is "reasonable".

Regardless, I will stop arguing with you because you are not speaking on how things work in Morocco, rather giving us a generalised view from US and UK. Salam Alaikum.

@Vally0098

I think you are from US. Please do your search. Be careful. I do not think you need proof of income if you are woman and want to live in Morroco.

Message me in private. Just be careful. although there are many good Muslim Morrocan people, there may be people who look for money. Just do not rush and do not do what they say analyze then decide. 

In Muslim society, the man is responsible for the woman. Not like the US. Try just saying I am moving to Morroco and finding a job. or find a temporary job or find a way.

@Benson Harrison

man, you do not know the whole story of the Pakistani man. Maybe he was married to a Christian wife. Maybe he had kids in the UK and were not Muslim?. if you have a Muslim name and a Birth certificate is sufficient (course not having any other issues).

The main reason for asking birth certificate is to know if your Mother and Father are as Muslim as you or not. That is. You can ask a dozen Morrocan lawyers.

No, I did not get lucky. I even got in a fight with the stupid police and I did the interview. A court is a court. Means there is a law. when we talk about law we have to talk about reason. Cannot just refuse it. There must be a reason.

Not all courts in Morocco work the same way. Some judges may ask for more documents, while others may require less.

I'm a German woman who married a Moroccan man in 2019, we always live here and needed proof of income legalized at my German embassy. My husband also needed it.