Finding Employment

Hi All

my wife & I are looking to move to Vietnam to be closer to her family.

we currently reside in Australia and just had our first child. What is the best way I can secure employment. I have searched through Linkdin and seems to be hitting dead ends.

any advice or suggestions are welcome

What is your profession?

@noddi

im currently a Store Business Manager for a leading Stationary & Technology business . In the past i have also done store refurbishments for various compnies

Do have a degree - BA or BSc (3 or 4 year study)?

Unfortunately i dont , which i know makes it difficult.

i have plenty of experience

In my view almost impossible without a Degree - theoretically the Degree can be replaced by significant experience but it would have to be for something very special and personally don't know of it ever happening (happy for a forum member to contradict me!).  To legally get employed here, the employer needs to get a work permit for you, which is where proof the Degree is needed

i was under the impression that they now allow a spouse of a Vietnamese citizen to work without a work permit.

Thank you @noddi for taking the time to answer my question.

much apprciated.

Ah, perhaps that is correct. I am not in that situation so can't say!

So other forum members - can the expat spouse of a VN citizen be employed in VN without a work permit?

So other forum members - can the expat spouse of a VN citizen be employed in VN without a work permit?

-@noddi

Here's the previous reply you ghosted:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1061571#5865545

Being married isn't enough.

You need to be here on a spousal TRC.

Then employers can hire you legally without a work permit as long as they register your employment with the government.

If you search for employment before you have the TRC approved you'll be wasting your time.

Get that done first (after arrival) and then good luck with your search.

Thank you

@oceanbeach92107 Thank you for the advice. i will start the process for getting my TRC .

@ranilperera15

There's a thread from back in August you might be interested in reading.

Titled, "Clear TT-TRC instructions?" (Link)

Thank you Aiden