Proof of address

I wonder if you anyone can advise me on the difficulty in proving your address as a tenant in Malta? my husband is in the position of needing to prove his address in Malta in connection with a house purchase in the UK (due to a cash purchase i.e. money laundering process) and as everything is in his landlord's name he has nothing at all, as is common knowledge he can't even open a bank account for this reason.  I am desperate, does anyone have any advice.  His payslip doesn't have his address on it either.

@alitabs  What about his residence card?

@GozoMo he doesn't have it yet, probably a couple more weeks.  He managed to find an internet bill so we are hoping that will suffice.  So stressful.

Besides the residence card your address is shown on bills.

1. Electricity and water company
  2. Telephone bill
  3. Bank statements
  4. Post office registration
  5. If you have none of them you better wait for your residence card which takes 4 weeks after application

Besides the residence card your address is shown on bills.Electricity and water companyTelephone bill Bank statementsPost office registrationIf you have none of them you better wait for your residence card which takes 4 weeks after application         -@hanselmar5

Most people who rent do not have electricity/water bills in their name.

Signed rental agreement is usually accepted