Can I apply for D7 visa while visiting

I have an NIF number, can i apply for a D7 visa while visiting with the required documentation

@Roseann28

D7 visa can be applied only  from our Home country.if you have Bank account of Portugal and be fulfilled the all eligible documents then it must be applied by you from your Home country.this is condition of D7 application.

Thanks,  appreciate your respone.

It might be a good time to look into finding a home in Portugal, since that's a requirement and something that's awkward to set up from abroad.  An apartment lease or something.  Whether it actually works out or not, it could be a useful experience.

@Roseann28

The answer is No.

As mentioned already by another person, you must apply from your country of residency. Also you will need to provide many documents that must be authenticated in your country of residency.

It takes quite some time and a lot of effort to put together all the documentation required.

Like someone already suggested here,  i would spend this visit organising an address (a lease/rental contract, a friend who is a Portuguese national  who can offer you lodging and accepts to be responsible for your stay in Portugal until the AIMA authorise your residency, which takes place a few months after your visa is granted, or buy a property, etc. Proof of an address in Portugal is one of the documents required.

I hope this helped and good luck with your application.