Temporary residency card (TRC)

Hi Guy's 

Can anybody explain the process of applying for a TRC via the Spouse route ? I have (as usual) been given several different pieces of advice. In the last two days i have visited 2 different immigration offices (Saigon & Binh Duong)  I've also spoken to some visa agents via email and been told completely different things regarding the length of TRC available to the spouse of a Vietnamese citizen and also the procedure for applying. I currently have 3 years left on my 5 year visa exemption, i realise a TRC will render this void if issued, however my thinking was that a TRC means i don't have to leave every 180 days and re enter, it also makes banking easier. Am i better just continuing with my visa exemption or is there a reasonably straightforward way of obtaining a TRC as a spouse for a decent length of time ?

Thanks in advance for any replies. I'm hoping someone may have some relatively recent experiences they can share.

Kind regards

bb

Hi Guy's 
Can anybody explain the process of applying for a TRC via the Spouse route ?
    -@Michael Boylan

Read this thread:

expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1038968

@OceanBeach92107 Thank you OB. I knew i had read this thread last year, but couldn't find it again doh ! I will read through it carefully and hopefully get some clarity from it.

Regards

bb

it's easy you and your wife must to have:

1) notarized copy of your current home registration (the police)

2) notarized copy of your wife's home registration (the police) , no matter if permanent or temporary

3) notarized full copy of your entire passport (no need to be translated)

4) notarized  copy of your wife's vietnamese citizen ID

5) notarized of your Married Registration (or legalized and translated if married abroad)

6) 3 pictures size 2x3 cm.

7) both of you must go together to the provincial migration department of the location where your wife is registered as permanent or temporary

8) don't worry about what form template you need to fill out. They will give you the right ones in their office.

9) The fee is around 3.2Million VND for 2 years TRC  (I don't know why sometimes they issue the TRC for only 2 years instead of 3.

Remarks:

The expiration date of your new TRC will never be more than your passport expire date.

Your passport and your new TRC must be always together before any place you need to present it.

If you renew your passport, TRC must be also re-issued.

When I mentioned your wife's residence registration, that could be permanent (where she were born) or temporary (where she is currently living or working)

They will keep your original passport and and VRC until your TRC is ready (2 or 3 weeks) so, take a notarized copy for you avoiding to be undocumented.  When you receive your TRC your VRC will be revoked and your passport will be stamped with a new entry,

Best regard

@Michael Boylan

vietanlaw.com/renew-trc-for-foreigners-to-get-married-to-vietnamese-people/

@ajairon

Dear Ajairon,

Thank you very much for a detailed explanation about what and how to prepare the documents for applying for TRC.

Highly appreciated.

Best to you and everyone here who have shared advise.

Dartanz