Work Permit and Formalities

Salut/hi everyone! I'm an accounting professional with relevant experience, wanting to relocate to Mauritius if I get an opportunity. I have contacted various recruitment agencies with no success. They don't seem to be interested in helping out once I mention I am a foreign applicant. I was wondering about those who actually shifted there with a Work Permit - how did they actually go about finding a job there? Did you have to travel via visit visa initially, then find a job while there locally then fly back home to return on the Work Permit visa? From my research, converting visit visa to work permit while in Mauritius is not possible? Also Work Permit visa applications must take some time to process, so how does the employer wait? I really can't figure it out at all! I would appreciate any advise especially from expats who went there ready on the Work Permit visa.

@nOAh24

Hey, you should come on tourist or business visa, once you find a job ask your employer to apply for work/occupation permit

@amanm23

Thank you for your suggestion. But even if I do find an employer to apply for the Permit, I am certain it takes some time to process. What happens if they need the employee to start asap? Are employers willing to wait?  Via my research it is not possible to convert Visit Visa to Work Permit while the individual is in Mauritius. Does that mean they need to exit the country then return once the Permit is ready? It's a lot of money to enter then stay to find a job then exit the country to enter again (with the Permit ready)!