EDB - Scheduling an Appointment

I have applied for a retirement visa and have now paid the $1000 USD fee and have an agreement in principle.

However, the status of the application from the ECB website says 'Processing' and awaiting 'Further Additional Information'. The only two details that appear to be missing are the local Mauritius address and local banking details.  Which I don't know yet.

Perhaps the additional details are provided as part of the appointment?

Should I schedule an appointment, and if so who do I contact? Alternatively do I wait for the EDB board to contact me?

Your guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello. If you have an agreement in principle, then you should be able to take that to a bank and get a bank account. I think you also have to complete the medical tests locally. I would check with the EDB regularly anyway. On the other hand, if you are in Mauritius, make an appointment-- they are usually helpful. You could try to rent an apartment for the time being as you might have to wait a long time for everything to be sorted out. Good luck.

@karibi you need the medical and bank account and proof you've sent the first US$1500. Once you have uploaded all the relevant documents they will issue you with an appointment; you do NOT make the appointment.

No, you also need to up load the proof of the money being paid into your bank account. I opened an MCB account and what I was automatically sent was enough. If you log onto your EDB portal and go to where you upload the documents you should be able to see what's missing. If you are unsure call the EDB, I found them very helpful. I did my visa last year between March and July but things are changing all the time.

@karibi

I think you should contact the EDB to clarify the info they need. Apparently it is quite easy to phone them. Once they have all the info they give you an appointment date, but it sounds as if they still want something more from you.

I am in a simIlar situation - have the approval in principal and paid suffIcient funds into bank account.

Coming for medical at the end of the month and expect then to have to pay the $1000 before appointment.

My only worry is the time beween the medical results and EDB appointment. There doesnt seem to be clarity on how long it could take to get an appointments and if there is anyway to expedite this.

We paid the $1000 before the medical test, for which you get a receipt online, which you then have to upload again. Then we registered for the medical test, when we called it took two days, then we could go there and the next day we had the meeting with the doctor, so it goes pretty quickly. After that you get an appointment in Ebene to show all the original documents. I don't know whether you have to stay then. If I were you, I would ask this question directly after Ebene.