Gathering information about Colombia for a potential move

Hi everyone.  Well I'm close to retirement (USA)  and am seriously looking to retire in Colombia.  I have a close personal friend from the central region so we are looking now for move early next year.  Gathering information and very much enjoy reading the post.

Mark

@Mmyersmarc

Hello, welcome on board !

Glad you joined the forum !

I have created a new topic on the Colombia forum from your post so that you may easily interact with members living in Colombia.

For a good start, here is a little guide that might come handy : Living in Colombia guide for expats

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

All the best

Bhavna

I have been living off and on in Colombia since 2009 and the only thing I don't like (and can never seem to get used to) is Bogota TRAFFIC.  It is almost impossible during many times of the day during the week to ever make meetings on time unless you leave for what would be 15 minute trip in San Antonio to be an hour and a half trek. Despite  the traffic, Colombia is amazing place to live full of friendly people and somewhat inexpensive for Americans who enjoy a healthy exchange rate.  When I first moved there in 2010 the exchange rate was just over 1600 COP per USD; now it is over 2x that exchange which makes it good for Americans but not so go for Colombians.