Permanent residency application

Hello friends,

I have been working and living in Malaysia on an employment visa for the past 6 years since 2018. Currently, I am exploring available opportunities to settle down in Malaysia on a permanent basis. I would like to inquire if the Immigration Department of Malaysia allows foreigners to process permanent residency applications. Has anyone tried this before? Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Thank you!"

@rajeshkumarpbe its very lengthy and complicated process, even people who married to Malaysian citizen and have kids also get after too much struggle, which is just red ic.

Keen to hear if you find out more about this. Thanks!

I'm married to a Malaysian for 19 years and have lived here for about 10 years. I've been in and about Malaysia for over 25 years having taught initially at Batu Pahat, then near Bangi and most recently in Gombak. I have 30+ years experience as an electrical engineering university professor. We recently submitted my application for a PR and expect to wait YEARS for approval. I'm currently on a spousal visa and can renew that forever as long as my wife is able to submit the paperwork. But the problem is what happens if my wife becomes seriously ill or passes. That's why it's important to get the PR in my case.

Chmuse the TalentCorp EP route, 10 years visas and preferential PR route. You have the 3 years EP, min salary is set low at 15,000 RM per month and easy enough to get+