Sell the Inheritance Apartment

I have inherited an apartment in Sunny Beach.   I will instruct a lawyer but in the meantime, can anyone give me a brief idea of what is involved?

a brief idea of what is involved?

-@Snowball6

In what sense?

Do you mean in keeping it, or selling it? Transferring bills into your name?

Sorry I didn't mention.   I mean to sell it but obviously, it is in my mother's will (UK one).

My mother's name I meant!!

hi, UK wills are not valid in Bulgaria. Are there any other inheritants beside you, f.e. your father or if you have any sister/brother?

Be careful which lawyer you pick!

My wife and I are currently going through a slightly convoluted inheritance process and have been talking to a number of lawyers. The fees charged vary wildly, even though the case is fairly simple and can be handled by any competent lawyer. Don't assume that just because a lawyer here is qualified and experienced that they are efficient or competent - over my 20 years here I've learned to my cost that such assumptions are absolutely unwarranted. Likewise don't assume that all notaries know what they're doing - not only can they make both major and minor errors, it's the client who pays to have their mistakes rectified. I've encountered, and unfortunately employed, incompetent and slapdash lawyers and notaries here; it's not just builders who are cowboys!

As far as a UK will is concerned, it is indeed invalid here and the normal inheritance rules will apply, so you can expect any siblings you have to inherit a share of the property unless you can persuade them to repudiate their portion. Your father, if he is still alive, will also inherit a part of the property unless he likewise declines to accept it.

@Snowball6

In selling

Renting

Just need a good lawyer.