Buying scooter in Philippines and having it shipped to Arizona

Hi All!

My wife is Filipina and I am from Arizona, USA.  We got married in Angeles City in 2007.  We live in Arizona.  We take trips to the Philippines every 1-2 years to visit my wife's family and friends in Pampanga and to do some traveling in the Philippines.  We rented an AirBnb in Angeles City for 1 month and will be returning on January 31st to Arizona.  We are anticipating buying a house in the Philippines in the near future.

I would like to purchase a Honda Click motorscooter and have it shipped from Manila to Arizona.  Does anyone have any experience with this?  I think I will need to contact a import/export shipping company in either Manila or Los Angeles to inquire further.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Scott

@scottpyper

Hello and welcome on board Scott !

I have create this new thread from your post on the Philippines forum so that members can hopefully guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

Welcome to the forum scottpyper.

Can I ask why you want to ship instead of purchasing new in the states and save on shipping and headaches?

Similar price.

Honda CLICK 125i 2024 Price in USA

Good luck.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

what is price in ph for bike

@bigpearl
what is price in ph for bike

-@renegadesric529

Google will be your best friend.

Around P 80K or US 1450, not worth shipping.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

ok will buy there was thinking of car but nutters on road

@bigpearl
ok will buy there was thinking of car but nutters on road

-@renegadesric529

We have 2 bikes here and I only go local, Ben rides further but not me. Going longer distances always our car, bit of metal around you and only my observation it's the bikes that are the worry.

Cheers, Steve.

@bigpearl

good sense maybe car also

i was there december and my first experience of traffic there scary at first

in addition to whatever the shipping costs might be back to the usa you also have to ensure the vehicles comply to usa emission standards. So I'm sure that isn't cheap. Personally i think doing that would be a big mistake.

I recently bought a Honda ADV160 here, with the current exchange rate it cost $3100. In the US it is $4500 + shipping $500 + taxes $300 (AZ 6%) + Reg fee $200 (approx) = $5500. Almost double.  The US model also lacks the rear disc brake, front ABS and keyless start/lock (I believe). So you pay almost double for a bike that has less.

Part of that difference is the shipping cost from Asia, the American Honda overhead, import duties, and US emissions and safety certification. Importing one would require meeting those latter requirements at minimum and a huge hassle in every other way.

Not feasible, so I will simply enjoy the one I have here and ride my 1200cc "scooter" when I am in the US  :)