Is visa run a serious offense?

Hello there,

I was denied entry last Feb 2023 and was told that I will be banned for 2 years for the reason of visa run..  IO didn't even checked my phone/email or anything and etc. (as per some in this forum) who were suspected of working illegally or looking for a job. I was just educated by the IO that if I have plans to extend my stay, I should've done that through the website instead.

I am planning to visit Singapore by June and will try to send an appeal to ICA beforehand. I am just worried if visa run is a serious offense?

Obviously, they consider it serious enough to ban you for two years.

Which reasons would you base a request on, to be allowed to visit again before the ban expires?

I recommend avoiding the country for the full two years, as your chances of getting an exemption are very small.

Hi, may i know  what is ica"s email for reappealling

@beppi Yes. I am thinking of sending an appeal even if it's just a year after I was refused entry.

But has anyone here attempted to do that and got an approval from ICA?

@santiago38438 You cannot appeal against a decision by ICA to deny you entry or impose a ban.

The only thing you can do is to ask for a way to lift the ban earlier. They can, out of goodwill, grant it (if you follow their instructions!), but they don't have to!

@beppi Thank you for this.