Visiting California USA

I have an opportunity to visit the San Francisco Bay Area in July for 3 months. Has anyone been back for a visit since Covid in 2019?  am just wondering how it is there now. i remember in 2019 that people were already on edge and not so friendly. This will be our last trip back so we plan to buy clothes & stuff we can't buy in Thailand. Any advice would be appreciated.    Patrick

Bit off topic for this forum but I've been to SF three times in the last year and it's a wonderful place, don't worry! Don't believe what you hear about it on some of the Tv channels.

So no worries about getting robbed at the ATM?   Problems in the parking lots with strangers coming for your purse.  Overall attude from employees of retail stores.?  Road Rage?   All this stuff is just fake news reports?? 

I'm an escapee from California.  I lived there all my life but finally had enough and moved out of that crazy expensive state.  People were getting too rude, too expensive, too crowded, and on fire non-stop.  If you can visit the North Coast, Redwoods, Yosemite, Napa, Tahoe etc, I think you will have fun.  Obviously I'm not a city boy...LOL

Never had any problems in SF and you can easily avoid the more downmarket areas like Tenderloin.

No problems in parking lots or attitude or road rage. The press like to blow things way out of proportion.

We're already looking forward to going back there in the Fall.

@rbakker  Thanks for your advice.

As with anywhere in the world, do not leave anything (bags etc) visible in a parked car.