Taxes in Spain

Hi, Everybody!

We are a couple of US citizens who moved to Spain at the end of July last year. I would like to add that we only live in Spain, but we don't have income from Spain. My question is: do we need to file taxes in Spain for 2023 if we lived here less than half a year? In case we need to file taxes in Spain, what is the deadline? While in the US, I used the HR Block software for taxes. Do you know of something similar in Spain? Or what is the procedure for filing the taxes here?

Thank you very much for your help and best wishes to all of you.

Zurlita

Spain wants to know your worldwide income. If you have US income you must pay US income tax. Depending on your type of income and the US tax rate you may have to pay Spanish income tax.  I have my social security checks deposited in Spain to live on. I pay US taxes on that income but must claim it on my Spanish income tax form.

Ronjonesnc thank you for the information on the Social Security. For military retirements and military disability payments, is this required also to report on the Spanish income tax forms? I would imagine this would also be free from Spanish taxes?

Ronjonesnc thank you for the information on the Social Security. For military retirements and military disability payments, is this required also to report on the Spanish income tax forms? I would imagine this would also be free from Spanish taxes?

I think the tax deadline is June 21st? You will need to find someone  who will sort out your tax returns. It's  easier than trying to sort it out yourself. I pay 70 euros to an English speaking Spanish Estate Agent who also does tax returns and Wills. She's  fully accredited.

Thank you very much roggerrobert22 very much appreciated.

@ronjonesnc

Thank you, Ronjonesnc, for your answer. It's really useful.

@rogerroberts22

Thank you, Rogerroberts22, for your answer. It's really useful. I will search for a Spanish Estate Agent.