Santa Marta, Colombia

Good morning to all that read this!! I am a 37 y/o male that is considering moving to colombia.  I plan to be there by 40 and right now I'm putting things in place to make that happen.  I'm not 100% sure what city in colombia,  but I'm 100% sure I'll be there.  I've been to 8 cities throughout colombia including San Andres, but Santa Marta is my top pic so far.  I've read almost all if not all the posts made here,  I've watched many hours of YouTube videos,  and listened to many hours of relatable podcasts. I need help from people who actually live in santa marta or people who have lived in santa marta.  PLEASE give me any information you have about santa marta,  no information is too small or too great.. It would be greatly appreciated and I hope to meet some of you on my next visit.  Thank you all in advance!!

Do an internet search for

life in santa marta colombia

...and you'll get many hits, most praising Santa Marta but some listing the downsides, also.  One man's meat is another man's poison...

The good thing about Colombia, it is so varied as to climate and vibe, you can find almost anything you are looking for, especially if you have enough money (as most expats do, compared to the average Colombian).

@OsageArcher

Thank you for taking time from your day to reply

What are your reasons for moving to Colombia? Will you find work there?