Digital nomad with family (Colombian citizens)

So I'm an American citizen and my wife and stepson are both Colombian born with American Citizenship. We want to apply for an extended stay in Brazil. We already spent 2 months in Brazil beginning in July 2023. We hope to go again in March 2024 for 2-3 months then return again in October 2024 for multiple months. I'm only 53 so I can't do a retirement visa. I have multiple rental homes that I run as my business but also collect disability far above $1500 requirements for digital nomad visa. My thought is that I need to apply for the digital nomad visa but is it easier for my wife and stepson to enter with Mercosur? It seems more complicated to apply as a family for Digital Nomad visa especially when they can enter under Mercosur. Is that a correct assumption?

Do they need to file any paperwork before entering especially in light of the fact that we already spent 2 months in Brazil within the last 365 days if they enter with Mercosur?

If I'm self employed how do I demonstrate my business is legitimate (I do have a business bank account). Do I just write a letter stating my business type?

Thank you all for your help!

@gurutogo

You mention "multiple rental homes" - are any of these located in Brazil, or could they be? Then you could apply for the so-called Golden Visa.