Belgian Nationality

Hi all,

I'm about to about for the citizenship and I have the following as requested:

- knowledge of 2 national languages via the official tests

- 5 years here

- proof of the work period required

- bachelor degree done in Belgium ( language of instruction EN )

- father of a Belgian child

and the commune insists that I don't have a proof of social integration.

Does anyone have any tips?

if you have worked 5 years continuously prior to the citizenship application it will also serve social integration proof.

Hello,

As mentioned by hssn601, if you have worked continuously for 5 years, that will serve as the proof for social and language integration.

If you have not worked continuously in the last 5 years, then they will ask also for the proof for social integration, in addition to the language skills.

In Brussels, BON (Dutch) conducts such social integration courses.  You can check the details here from their website https://www.integratie-inburgering.be/

Once you complete their integration course and prove the required language skills (A2 level in Dutch or French), they will issue a Certificate of Integration (Attest van Inburgering) which you can submit as a proof for your social integration.

Their French counterpart is VIA BABA.

Commune is right. Your Bachelor in Belgium does not count unless is taught in French or Dutch.

I'd reccomend complete the integration course. It is easy and intersting to learn some stuff you might not know in Belgium.

Hello. If someone being owner of a company gets fined by SPF economie (Douane) for some activity in his business, this can impact his nationality application? i.e parquet may give negative opinion on his nationality application?

@ABS25

Only if this directly links you to it. It means that it is you that are potentially being criminally charged. And also depends on the kind of company set up, and the actual charge.

In short, have a immigration lawyer look at it. Only that professional can really tell you if this may have an implication

@Rd Devils hooray

Thanks for your input. Well the person received an invitation for an audition with Douane. So the invitation was by his name because he is the boss of the company. It was his responsibility if something was lacking. So i guess he is directly involved? The issue was related to pricing of products and opening hours of his business and his business did not respect the law so is fined.