Expats currently living in Rio Negro Colombia

Hello expats! I have been living in the Laurelles area of Medellin for the past few year but I am now interested in living outside Medellin in the Rio Negro area. I will be visiting Rio Negro soon and would like to meet up with any expat currently living there for advice and friendship. Please respond soon as I plan to visit Rio Negro on Monday  January 15, 2024. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

I lived in Medellin for 3 years and Llanogrande for one year next to Rio Negro, it is an amazing place. Safer and cooler due to the altitude.

@vegasnights ; What was nicer about it?  I was thinking for checking out RioNegro also or living in Medellin.  I lived in Medellin for four months 2 years ago. 

IMO, not as crowded but still close to Medellin.  International airport, good medical, shopping, and great places to eat or drink.   Temps are in the 60's -70 during the day and 50's - 60 at night so a little cooler than Medellin.  My wife and I have a place near El Carmen\Llanogrande  but we still live in the states.  This area can be expensive, but it is beautiful.

We just built a house in El Carmen very close to San Antonio de Pereira.  If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and like cooler temps I recommend it.  There are also plenty of apartments/condos in Rionegro and SAP but prices are not much lower than Medellin.  If you want alittle bit or a lot of land shop for fincas or lotes.  El Carmen is much cheaper than Llanogrande, Retiro and La Ceja.

we are planning to travel to colombia at the end of march. can you suggest places to totravel to and see?

we are planning to travel to colombia at the end of march. can you suggest places to totravel to and see?

-@miguelcaraveo620

You don't say if you are just coming for a holiday or scouting for a move. Recommendations will differ drastically depending on your reason for being here, and where you plan to fly to.

CArtagena, Medellin, zona Cafetera (Salento, Filandia, Valle de Cocora), Amazon region.

will be arriving in medellin end of march and will stay there for 3 full days then will fly to bogota and will stay for 3 full days, will then fly to cail for 3 full days and then fly to cartagena for 3 days. im also interested in meeting women from medellin. im in love with their accent....lol

@miguelcaraveo620

go on tinder..but if you have any family, make sure your will is up to date and you have a good insurance policy..