Retiring to Burgas

Hello All,

After a lot of research, we see that Bulgaria is going to be a great place to retire. We've just signed a contract on an apartment and will move in in a few weeks.

Looking forward (Not!) to the registration process for me (Irish citizenship) and my partner (non-EU). I want to get her registered here in Burgas as my family partner. Are there any legal services to help with this?

Looking forward to the conversations!

Michael

@michaelgillba

Hi Michael by all accounts reunification visa if you're not married is incredibly difficult although Bulgaria claims to accept cohabiting couples. My partner had her residency but I still had to go the VisaD route, we are getting married this year but was told we wouldnt be looked at unless we had been married for two years.

Hopefully you can navigate the minefield a little better than we could, good luck.

I'm marraide  and it's gonna take up to 9 to 12 months to get us both done because my wife not in pension .   A lot of it depends if your partner is retired on a pension ? If she is then she can apply on her own providing it meets the minimum wage .. now 970lv  ISH !

So if she is best route is its d type visa for retirement in a pension  then residence permit .. takes about 6 months but  good thing is you will be together after she gets her visa ..   the reunification sounds like 50/50 IV read a few posts on how difficult that is