Certificate Of No Impediment Required from UK

Hello

Is a certificate of no Impediment required to marry in Morocco or will the embassy in Morocco provide an affidavit/capacity to marry instead?

hello

I'm portugues but I live in the UK last year a got married a Morrocan man in my case I asked the portugues embassy in Rabat

I contacted them by email they made an appointment for an interview for me and my husband we both attended there and took around 2 month .

today we both in the UK

if you need anything just ask

all the best

@Celia Nogueira Hi Celia - congratulations! So a certificate of no Impediment was not required to give notice to marry in the UK?

thank you

we got married in Morocco

@Celia Nogueira sorry, I mean to get married in Morocco I don't need the certificate of Impediment? Did you provide this or no?

yes I did

I asked my embassy in Rabat and we both went for an interview

Can anybody else shed some light?

@Yasmin21 yess  i  hope i  can help   the  process is overly complicated in my opinion. you don't  need that   certification of no imprediment  from  the  uk  registry  office  because the  embassy will  provide you with that

but once you get it  you will need  to get it stamped  i'm going through the process myself

@mishiii

but what if you cannot get an embassy appointment?

can you just take the certificate of no impediment from the UK?

is that an option?

i read online that you could do that

@Az1234567890

i  spoke with a lawyer  who also said this was  possible but i  wasn't convinced  as the   embassy give you  your   certificate of nationality too.  also  ive  been  told  every cities family court has  different   requirements.  even after the  embassy gives  us these  2  documents you still need to take them to  be  legalised by Ministry for Foreign Affairs so i  dont know how it works  with  you bringing it  from  the uk  and  where you would get your  certificate of  nationality. i  decided to take the   appointment and embassy route  to avoid   complications

@Yasmin21

its one or the other as far as i know

this is the list  of the  documents  required  provided by the  embassy   

For the foreign side

-An attestation of capacity to contract the martiage, issued by the embassy or consulate of the country of origin, (certified by the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs except

the French)

-A copy of the birth certificate

-The criminal record issued by the authorities of the country of origin or residence

-The Moroccan national criminal record Ministry of Justice Directorate of Penal and

Grace Affairs)

-The act of conversion to Islam

-A certificate of work and salary

-A copy of the deed of divorce or the final judgment of the divorce in case of previous marriage

-Certificate of Nationality issued by the authorities of his country or by the consular services of his country in Morocco

-A medical certificate (+ a non-pregnancy certificate for women)

-A certificate of residence

-A copy of the first page of the passport and also the page attesting the date of the last entry in Morocco

-Four recent photos

Note: All papers written in foreign languages must be translated into Arabic.

For the Moroccan side

-An administrative attestation of the fiancé (e)

-An extract of birth certificate

-criminal record

Final judgment of divorce in case of previous marriage

-A medical certificate (+ a non-pregnancy certificate for women)

-Certificate of Residence

-A copy of the national identity card

-Four recent photos

@mishiii

i understand everything you just said as i was looking into this myself

i need to get married before ramadan so i have no choice as i cannot find an embassy appointment as they are all taken and i can't find any cancellations either

with the proof of nationality document i think you need to get a certified copy of your passport notarised from a notary public and get an apostille from the legalisation office in milton keynes

@Az1234567890 i guess you can take the risk but they do have appointments try calling  or  email because i  went to my   appointment recently and  the documents are  only valid for  3  months  and  i  needed to  reschedule my appointment for later date  and   although it wasn't available online  they still  managed to  give me an   appointment

@mishiii

can you check your DM

So it's not required essentially which makes things alot easier In my case!

Thanks all

@mishiii

i had this same list requirements from british embassy marrakech.

there is no where stating CRB should be apostilles?

@maali19

Hi

Certificate of No Impediment must be apostille in uk.

Your Police Acro Certificate not required certify however must be translate in Arabic in Morocco.

hope that's helps

@maali19
Hi

Certificate of No Impediment must be apostille in uk.

Your Police Acro Certificate not required certify however must be translate in Arabic in Morocco.

hope that's helps

-@djam004

CNI Is not required for British Citizen. As the British embassy will provide you with 2 other documents that are required and replaces the CNI Documents.

Regards

Arif Esa

Can you use the basic DBS when applying to get married in Morocco or does it have to be an ACRO one? Please advise as I am getting married before the holy month of Ramadan.

Also does my moroccan partner also needs a certificate of no impediment or a single status certificate? As she was born and raised in Marrakesh. I have also heard that she needs a parental consent letter as well.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanking in advance.

@Celia Nogueira

Hi

Can you tell me if documents need an apostle to get married in morocco please?

Thanks

Rhonda

@mishiii

Hi

Would you be able to tell me if my documents will need an apostle?

I don't believe they do but really need some advice as am getting married end of April and have to make sure I don't.

Thank you

Rhonda

@mcglen262

mate its so hard to get a correct answer here from anyone as its been a struggle as i guess everyone has their own experience and there is no set guidance or anything.

Thanks for replying. I've not seen any guidance suggesting its needed but your right, getting an answer is a task.

@mcglen262

It depends what documents in specific are you questioning about needing apostle

I've been married Alhamdulillah ill send you from uk what needs to be apostilled

Birth certificate needs to be apostilled in home country

Police certificate needs to be apostilled in yoir home country

Certificate of no impediment from your country needs to be apostilled

If your divorced then that needs to be certified in the country you've been divorced

Hi

Why would they need to be apostilled when they are all  certified documents?

No one from the UK who got married had to have their documents apostilled..

This is so confusing

Thanks

Also we don't need a certificate of no impediment because the affidavit in Rabat confirms I can get married.

Birth certificate doesn't need apostille

Acro police report is certified  and doesn't need an apostille

Like I said it's so confusing with people saying different things

I agree its so confusing because I've just arrived back from morocco (Marrakech) and went to the court to establish what docs are required. There was a british gentleman there with his Moroccan fiance who said they don't need to be apostles.

The birth certificate is certified anyway along with  the affidavit at the embassy and as you say, the acro is already legalised/certified.

And you don't need a certificate of no impediment unless you wanted to but the embassy do this for you.

Also I've got both Acro and Dbs ready to provide. The form from the court does not specify but it reads;

"The criminal record issued by the authorities of the country of origin and residence"

But the dbs is for uk, acro is internationally used.

If only we could upload photos here, I could share the document

@asiananaconda297 Allhamdulillah on your marriage. Do you know the apostles documents was needed or you just did it anyway? Who told you? Where did you marry?

@Yasmin21

Yasmin, thank you so much for clarifying.

It really helps hearing from someone familiar with the process.

Very much appreciated.

@mcglen262

hi,contact james ,british,and has a bussiness dealling with heloing people with mix marriages .  ***

ask for james and i am in the same shoes uk citizen from london

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please share contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Yasmin21

contact james on they are helping we with all the leg work and its under £300.00  +212 603***

Amir

Moderated by Bhavna last month
Reason : Please share contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct