Health insurance for foreigner

Hello

Could you plz advice how to get health insurance in VN for foreigner? So they can go to public hospital for health check up like Vietnamese who have social health insurance? Thanks alot

@trieutu

Hello,

While waiting for members to share their insights with you, have a look at the 2 following articles :

The Vietnamese healthcare system

Choosing your expat health insurance in Vietnam

All the best

Bhavna

Hello
Could you plz advice how to get health insurance in VN for foreigner? So they can go to public hospital for health check up like Vietnamese who have social health insurance? Thanks alot
        -@trieutu

Hi trieutu. I had meant to reply to you earlier but it slipped my mind.

If your intent to acquire health insurance is simply to have access to a facility which could perform health check-ups, I believe you'll find that the premiums for this insurance coverage might be prohibitive (i.e. expensive).

I've twice booked an appointment at a local clinic here in Phu Quoc, named International SOS Clinic (Link, Google search), for CBC blood work (complete blood count). Unfortunately I've also had to cancel twice. Seems I can't muster the willpower to fast for the 8 hours prior to having the blood drawn.

The cost for the CBC is a very low 100K VND (~$4.00 USD). For a full physical I was quoted 500K VND (~$20 USD).

Please let the forum know of your decision on this. We'd very much appreciate it.