Job and housing opportunities

My partner is currently applying for job at the University of Malta in Msida. It would be great if she gets it, but it would throw up a couple of problems.
1.    Where to live and what the rental market is like (as we would rent our home here).
2.    What's the job market like for a forty something bricklayer/builder who has 25 years experience in building and for the last 5 years has run their own business building extensions and houses.

I am sure the 1st question won't be to difficult to answer and if the 2nd proves impossible I might have to settle for sitting around drinking in the sunshine and diving on my days off.

Hi Dave,

welcome to the forum.

My bet is that you might have to settle for the sun,cisk and diving ! -)) Let's get together as I'm doing the same!

Building here is very close to the government and otherwise very Maltese and building is starting to go downhill anyway.
Don't expect too much !

Cheers
Ricky

I have seen quite a regular appearance of maintenance people jobs in the Times, perhaps you could part time the diving and do a bit of that if you fancy it, just in case you get bored..xx
Wish your wife luck for the job.x:D

Thank you both for your quick replies! You just go to confirm that friendliness is one of the reasons why we would consider moving to Malta.
The application form should go off tomorrow - we'll keep you updated!