Epass Rejected: Reason- Wrong Job Occupation applied

Hi

Nov 15 - Applied

Dec 27 - Rejected

Current- Invalid

7 weeks now

Reason: Because the Occupation Name is Software Engineer, MOM is looking for Computer Science Degree so it was rejected. And i have a Bachelor Degree of Electronics and Communications…

they (employer) is looking into appeal but this time different occupation name.

Will it restart the process again if the Job Occupation name change to Technical Consultant or Telecommunication Engineer .???

Means have to job post again etc…

thanks

A new job title and job description is a major change and, of course, locals have to be given the chance to apply for this new job first - before the employer is allowed to consider hiring a foreigner. That's exactly what the job advertising rules are for!

If there are no suitable local candidates applying during the job posting period, and you apply for it afterwards, then the employer can consider hiring you - and apply for the associated EP. In doing so, they should avoid making the impression that this is an attempt to circumvent the previous rejection - any such suspicion by MoM will lead to another rejection!

my previous company. they mistakely open up a software engineer position which apparently require a computer science degree by MOM.

so they are looking to change the job name. that would require the same degree that i got.

thats what im afraid of  having to restart the process again. i aleady waited 7 weeks. just for the application. wait for another would take 2to 3 months 🤦🏽‍♂️.

Yes, it means more waiting time and no guarantee that you will get the job (and the required work pass) in the end.

I recommend you also look for another job - at an employer who knows the procedures and requirements better!

I have slight different in views. There is a missing point in your info. What was your previous position? Are you working as a software developer or related role in your exisiting firm?

If answer is yes then your employer should submit your current job profile and appeal with valid rationale. There is no thumb rule that a software engineer must have a computer science degree. Someone  with Electronics and other subjects such as math or statistics or similar subject  can be a software developer with additional short term courses or certificates. It is very much dependent what's current job role and exposures.  So, your employer should appeal with valid rationale. Good luck

@surya2k senior engineer but its not on the epass list apparently.., so changed to software engineer…

I was referring to your job role. Senior engineer is just a designation or job title. Job role defines your current work experiences and exposures to the skills set which is required for a Software developer/engineer. 

Employer should provide all the details with rationale which will give justice to your selection.

Let me share my case:

My first EP application was rejected due to the same reason as your case. I am applying for a software engineer but my degree major is not 'Computer Science'.

However, as my roles in my historical experience has to do with software engineer, HR appeal with clarification of my detailed responsibilities with my former employers. Luckily my EP was approved.

Hope this case could help you :)

@zzyyss how long was the process from you? new pass ?? any information would help. thanks

@H0MERSIMPSONS

Hi! This is my second EP.

9.19 EP application submitted.

10.25 Rejected.

11.27 Appeal

12.27 Approved

@zzyyss 4months 🥺

They will appeal they told… i gave all my work certificate in Microsoft and other products etc…

@H0MERSIMPSONS is it approved now? when did they submit appeal?