EcoPump low-consumption pool pump

Hola,

I am in need of some pointers as I am moving forward with a new construction.

Is any of you familiar with the EcoPump low-consumption pool pump? As far as I was told, it is a two-speed pool pump that supposedly can save up to 80% on energy consumption.  Apparently, it also allows you to run on low speed 24 hours a day. Price & installation is about 1400 USD.  I'm not sure about the price/installation of a standard pool pump in DR, but I will find out.

So, would such an upgrade make sense? Any experience with this pool pump? Is it another scam or does it really work? What are your thoughts & concerns?

Interesting question!

EcoServe is a good company

If it is EcoServe's unit, it's worth it.  On high, it will suck up meteors.  On low, it will suck up everything else.  We had one in our first villa.  I never used high to clean, it would suck the hose together.  But if you had a dirty pool and need to stir it up to mix chemicals/flocculant, high was the way to go.  We let it run 24hrs.  I tried shutting it off for 18 hours a day, but our pool was noticeably dirtier, and we only saved $10 over the month I tried it.  Very quiet as well, compared to a normal pool pump.

The other option would be a solar pump, if you have the space for the panels, and can afford the initial outlay.

Thank you guys😎

We recently switched to a variable speed pump and it is much more efficient! We can run it 24/7 for what it cost us to run the old pump 6 hours a day. This way, we can use our heat pump at any time rather than only when the old pump was scheduled to run. We run at 1500 rpm 22 hours a day, 2400 for 2 hours a day. We run at a higher speed during the day when our solar panels cover all our electric usage. Ours isn't that brand, but in general, a variable speed will save you money! Our pool is sparkling clean too!

Pool is still dreaming for me lol