Pereybere or Trou aux Biches?

Good afternoon, we have the choice between moving to Trou aux Biches or Pereybere. My husband will work in Moka. We have young children. Both houses are walkable distances to the beach. Ideally I'd like a living area with convenience stores I could walk to. Which area would you personally pick and why? Thank you so much in advance for any feedback or advice, those will be much appreciated.

Hello Posy_And_I

Both areas are similar in the sense that the beach is near but there's a Winners Supermarket at Pereybère and maybe Pereybère is a bit closer to Grand Baie centre where you'll find Super U (another supermarket) and other shops.

I would suggest that you rent short term once here and live in both places 2 weeks to find out which area suits you best.

Hope other members can share more details.

Regards

Bhavna

@Posy_and_I

Hello. I am in mauritius every year in winter for several months. Perybere is différent from trou aux biches. If you consider beach but also close to supermarket or other it is better to plan on pereybere.  If priority is beach for children trou aux biches vers nice.

Personaly I stay in trou aux biches but don't have children. There is a good mini market POPO you can find food and other.

Have nice stay anyway in mauritius

Regards.

Every year, I have to make the same decision for my visit.  Here is what I end up doing - if I am going with family (parents and cousins etc..), the preferred place is Pereybere because this is the preferred place of the locals.  The Pereybere public beach is vibrant with local activities and I tend to see groups of locals playing and dancing the sega in the public small concrete gazebo.  The Pereybere public beach is a magnet for locals and returnees.  I have met people old acquaintances who live outside Mauritius on that beach.  That's why my parents rent an apartment in Pereybere.

If I go with my little family only, I tend to prefer Trou Aux Biches because of the long beach near the Beachcomber Resort.  Trou Aux Biches is also a fantastic place to do "tek-tek" clamming - although it is getting harder to do that now.  Trou Aux  Biches is a little more "touristy" with many hotel chains / resorts whereas Pereybere has smaller boutique hotels and AirBnB/ Booking.com private apartments.  Pereybere is a little more cozy whereas Trou Aux Biches has more of resort (smaller version of Cancun) feeling.

Hope that this helps.

@Possy, personally, I would choose Troux Aux Biches. It is a greener and quieter area. Also easier access to shopping malls. Your husband is going to work in Moka, therefore easier exit to Moka. Pereybere is

busy and traffic can be very bad.

Thank you so much all for your feedback, this is really helpful and much appreciated