Looking to retire in the next few years in a seaside or coastal city

Hello everyone

my husband and I are looking to retire in the next few years in a seaside or coastal city of Columbia South America, since we are from Florida originally. We're interested in purchasing some thing now so that we can vacation there or possibly rent it until we are ready to move their permanently. We are very active and love, restaurants and bars, and music and boating, and would like community that has those amenities. We are planning to visit sometime in February for a few weeks.

Look at and Visit Santa Marta look at the old city vs Rododero. The Old city has a marina

Hello everyone my husband and I are looking to retire in the next few years in a seaside or coastal city of Columbia South America, since we are from Florida originally. We're interested in purchasing some thing now so that we can vacation there or possibly rent it until we are ready to move their permanently. We are very active and love, restaurants and bars, and music and boating, and would like community that has those amenities. We are planning to visit sometime in February for a few weeks.         -@Mksebring

Most of us in Colombia recommend renting for 1-2 years first, to make sure you truly want to move here.  I've read 80% of those that come to Colombia, return to the US.  Also, it gives you time to discover in which area you truly want to live.  Just a few blocks over can affect many things.  Get an AirBnB for 2-3 months while you shop for a long term apartment...or...after those 2-3 months, contact the AirBnB owner directly and make a deal to stay there.

The beaches along the north coast are not that pretty, unless you get out of the major cities, but then it's not as safe.  I know you're from Florida, but it is incredibly hot and humid along the coast in Colombia, being that much more closer to the equator.

Hello everyone and welcome on board  @Mksebring !

Please note that I have created this new thread from your post on the Colombia forum so that you may better interact with members.

All the best

Bhavna