Merry Bulgarian Christmas

Весела Коледа to all our BG members.... I'd post a photo of our local carol singers about to set off on their rounds but it seems too advanced for the site software 1f60e.svg

@JimJ

Merry Christmas to you and to everyone else on the site. Here's wishing you all a safe, healthy and happy festive period. 😊

Merry Xmas everyone 1f385.svg1f385.svg1f385.svg

Merry Christmas! I hope everyone is having a lovely day!

Merry Christmas to everyone xxx

Merry xmas expats!

Merry Christmas y'all 🎅 🎄 ❤️

I've just been into the village centre to see if things are back to normal, when an older lady who I just nod to in acknowledgment when I see her , stopped me and gave me a Christmas present!!  A pair of handknitted red and white bedsocks.

@Kath948381 cant beat that Bulgarian hospitality now can you. How will you return the gesture? 

@Kath948381

That is so sweet! I hope they're cosy!

Well today I went to the village centre to catch the bus to Burgas but there was no bus!! According to my neighbour it's a working day tomorrow but I don't know if the bus will be back until the New Year. And I was hoping to buy my gift giver a nice bar of chocolate by way of a thank you I suppose I could try tomorrow but we'll see.

Merry Christmas!

I managed to get into Burgas on Friday and bought the gift giver a box of cherry liqueur chocolate s.  I gave them to her yesterday.

It's almost 2024. My husband's birthday is on 1st of January, so as soon as we say Happy new year and it's  a Happy birthday to him. The downside is, we can never go to celebrate outside, because no restaurant is open on 1st of January ever. So, we are always celebrating home🍾. Just writing ✍️ this quick post to wish u a happy, healthy and prosperous 2024 to y'all.  May all of your wishes and goals come true 👍 🙏  .

Happy new year to all, and happy birthday to your husband, Merry!

@janemulberry

Thank youuuu

I wonder where will everyone be celebrating 🍾 tonight 🤔. Please share. Ty and God bless 🙌

I'm staying in and having my usual early night, I'm far to old to stay up to see the new year in although I'm sure that there will be a firework display which will wake me up. Happy New Year everyone.

We're home in the UK, as our Bg house still has builders in so no kitchen and bathroom! The slowest builders possible, but my neighbour assures me they're doing an excellent job!

The first fireworks have just sounded as it's now dark here. I'll see the new year in with a glass of something fizzy and fun, but hubby will probably fall asleep long before Big Ben chimes!

Been there, done that with the going out for New Year's Eve, and with hosting NYE parties. I'm now a stay-at-home and chill type. Far more relaxing that way. And I can sit and dream of what I might do next year and make a list of hopes. Once I've finished chuckling and rolling my eyes over how little of what I achieved from my list for 2023!

Wasn't a great end to 2023 .  Mum died after a long illness at the end of November and funeral a couple of weeks into December. But she had a good innings and managed to stay with us for her 90th birthday with a big family get together..  she passed 3 days later :(

But we all got together at one of my brother's houses and had a lovely Xmas and boxing day family get together with my dad there also  :)  hopefully another 10 years for him :)

Quite new year's evening.. the missus is working at the care home and I'm sure she will be dancing around making the oldies laugh as she is a mad Philippino ..

Pick her up at 8 and home for the food I've cooked..  this is the 1st Xmas we have actually managed to be together for Xmas day and boxing day in the 10 years we have been maraide .  I worked shift as a Operations team leader in a Nuclear power station  so no holiday cover for me and Michelle because she has no children yet always let the carers with children have it off.  And I'll be snoring before the midnight hour to and so will the missus as she working new years day .. but on the good side we are flying to Sofia and then the shirt journey toour home in Samokov for 3 months skiing on the 5th January so great start to the year :)  when I return home I'll go to London bg embassy to have my retirement visa attached to my passport and back to Bulgaria to get my residence permit .. big year for us  :)

Happy new year to all on expat 

@janemulberry

I wish everything on your list gets accomplished in 2024 Jane. The truth is: 2023 went by very fast

Sending hugs from Texas

@philip Mckay

Sorry for your loss. Please except my deepest condolences. It's important to stay together with family in such times. I remember u said before that your plans were to go to Philippines and probably skiing ⛷️ in Japan. Samokov ( Pamporovo) is a great place I read for that too. Happy  January skiing ⛷️.  Please stay warm and positive. May 2024 be the best year yet to come for all of us.

I'm so sorry about your mum, Philip. Good that you were able to have time with family over Christmas.