EP Cancellation

I would like to ask you guys for help :

I am an Indonesian working in Malaysia, however my EP is in the process of being cancelled ( pending my bus/flight ticket for tax clearance ). Since I have things to finish in Malaysia, my employer suggested for me to go back to Indonesia by air and return back using tourist visa. However this option is not cheap in the high season.

My question is that :

Is it possible for me to ride a bus to Singapore from Malaysia as an Indonesian tourist and return back within the same day to Malaysia by bus. This option is more viable for me in terms of cost and duration.

What are your thoughts on possibility of being denied by the immigration when I return back or it is perfectly fine ?

Thank you !

When I have my ep cancelled or shorten by stamp, mdec gave an extension of 1 month from time of stamp.

If your pending business will not be done until validity. Ride bus to Singapore, stay in cheap hostel 2-3 days, then return to Malaysia as tourist

Also maybe ask the company for special pass which can give you one month stay to do your pending business.