Social visa pass extension

Hi everyone ,

Need your help and clarification. My in laws here in SG from 02 Dec and their first 30 day visit expiring by 01Jan 2024. They have multiple journey visa valid till 06 Jan 2024. I am planning to apply for another extension for 30 days towards end of December.

However I would like to take them to  Malaysia from Singapore (Most probably by bus) on 28th Dec and may come back to SG by 29th Dec.

My understanding is you can have only one extension and maximum upto 60 days of stay as I am EP holder. My question when my in laws enter to SG on 29th Dec, Will they get extension on existing 30 days stay or they will be given fresh 30 days stay. Reason I am asking I have actually booked the ticket for 30 Jan  to return back to India. (Assuming if I apply for extension online and  it would be given next 30 days which could be till 31st Jan). If entry on 29th Dec is considered as extension then, they have to leave early but if entry on 29th is considered as fresh 30 days stay, I can extend one more time right. Please advise. Sorry for length topic

@dhinakaranpandian

Please don't cross the border for visa extension which will cause severe issues and Immigration violtaion

I have had an experience recently and refused entry while returning to Singapore after visiting malaysia

Immigration officers are very smart as they have been seeing many people like this

Strongly avoid and better to return to home country and come back in future

Regarding the extension I doubt that these days they don't provide, but you can try

My best advice is while even returning to home country you will face lot of questions from Immigration officer as if you stay more days than the declared days when entering Singapore .

Not only  returning to Singapore again but also while you leave from Singapore also you may face lot of questions

They may check your emails, whats up communication and request to show the pictures while you stay in Singapore.

Better avoid and clear everything while you return to home country otherwise you will face very difficult to enter Singapore in future .

I have never heard of a multiple-entry SVP - are you sure they have one?

In any case, as your in-laws are staying far longer than the average visitor (4 days), it certainly looks, to an immigation officer, like they are (ab-)using a visit visa to in fact live with you. And this can cause problems, as Twain2023 described above.

It is possible to extend an SVP (by application to ICA), if you have a good reason. What is your in-law's reason? It might be approved or rejected - in which case they have to leave Singapore before their curent visa expires.

Doing a one-day trip to Malaysia and hoping to reset the visa is wishful thinking. In fact, like Twain2023 above, I would discourage you from making such a trip with them at all - at least not without prior arrangement with ICA!

Thanks Beppi and Twain2023 for your time to reply.

1. My visit to Malaysia is not to extend the visa, My son's bday is 28th Dec, thought of traveling to Malaysia for that.

2. My in laws came last year and stayed around 50 days with one time online extension. This is their second time travelling to SG.

if I visit Malaysia and come back to SG on 29th Dec, my in laws would get fresh 30 days or extension to current 30 days stay. Just to check if need to change travel date to earlier for them I booked ticket back to India for 30 Jan

As I mentioned, my intention is not to challenge the system here but to plan appropriately.

@dhinakaranpandian

Guys, I have changed the plan and didn't go to Malaysia. Got renewed visit pass for in-laws till Jan 31. Thanks for everyone.

@dhinakaranpandian

Good

How did you get the extension , What is the reason you put in order to get the extension ?

I have put that applicant wants to stay with her daughter and her new born grand daughter.

Actually for my mother in law it was auto approved with in 1 hr while for my father in law it was next working day.

@popsticle12 If you return to Singapore with the IPA for your work pass, then it is fine.

But if the work pass is rejected, do not come back here for a while - they might suspect you want to work illegally (or look for jobs, which is also frowned upon) and deny you entry!