Extension in colombia

Hi, we have been in colombia for more than 2 months and would like to extend our stay for another 3 months. In order to change our flights we were hoping to have an answer from migration colombia, nevertheless it looks like it would be easier in the moon. Any advice or recommandation is welcome. Thank you

@yvesrenard731  you can stay 180 days a year on a tourist visa

Which city are you in city Are you  in medellin

Do you go to immigration downtown but you're in the real danger because you can stay 180 days

Just need to let immigration lnow theoretically you have 90 days in 2023 and then you're entitled to another 180 days in 2024

Don't pay Attorney you're in good standings so don't pay any crazy price

If you happen to be using Airbnb, they have great support how helping you out

@yvesrenard731 You can apply for an extension online then call afterward. Or you could go to Ecuador or Peru for a few days.

As we are at/so close to December 31 New Years the easiest would be to do a visa run to re-set your time for 2024. Before I received my visa/live full time in Colombia for the past 5 years I would reset my time by heading into Ecuador for a day or two and also a flight to Panama.

Hope this helps.

Go on the Migraciones site, get a.perogacion  de permanencia costs 125 mil I believe.

Sorry I just did it and went through all the details on the other site.Dont want to gothrough the details. I will send you the link in a PM

Only thing is, you should start now.

Only thing is you will probably not be able to pay line.Will probaly have to take the form they give you with the fancy QR cde and pay at Banco Occidental

125,000,000 or 125 mil as you say is the equivalent to 31,321 USD  1f628.svg

@brettfairweather mil is short for one thousand move your decimal place to the left three places.

lpd

125,000,000 or 125 mil as you say is the equivalent to 31,321 USD  1f628.svg-@brettfairweather

Better learn to at least count in Spanish before come here Brett

To the OP

I sent you a PM with he link

Dont know if you read it