Power outage

Hi all,

Hope you're all well.

Since this morning at around 10:30am, we are experiencing a power outage in the Lara area. Any idea what's happening or how to find out ? Is this normal?

Many thanks

@Fedy23 Yes, completely normal, usually related to new buildings or sites being connected to the grid........unless someone has cut through the main electrical cable for the whole area, which is what happened once to us. Took them 24 hours to sort it out.

Keep an eye on your neighbours, if there lights come back and yours don't then flip the switch on your fusebox off and back on.

@Slim1398

Thank you for your reply.

Electricity is back finally! However, the internet connection is messed up thou.

Well, at least I can warm up the house and cook. I hope it won't happen again. I can't imagine if it happens during summer time when AC is on.

@Fedy23 Outage is quite normal, it can be for the neighbourhood (normally you should be informed by a SMS), if in your complex (assuming you would have an appartment there should (in a normal situation) a generator, Indeed it is quite normal if electricity goes away (admittedly this is so even in Luxembourg and Hungary (in Netherlands and the UK I hardly experienced this)

Internet is important, but often it helps just to reset, patience is the key word. Even if after 12 hours internet does not work (doing your efforts) just call the internet company. (often they can do things remote as well)

@cdw057

Thank you for your reply.

Coming from the UK, I've never experienced a power outage. Two days on and we are still without internet and as a result my child cannot attend his lessons online. Feeling cut off 😔

@Fedy23 Hello, yes, this kind of electricity outage is quite normal, but it is definitely not normal for the internet outage to last this long. Please try to reset your modem If this does not work, please contact customer service. WElcome to Antalya :)

This topic brings up more questions for those of us who intend to become expats:

Do power outages occur routinely or is it more circumstantial occurring irregularly?

Does it occur throughout the country or is it regional? 

Roughly, the frequency per month/year?

Do a large percentage of residences/flats have generators or is it a feature to seek out when renting/purchasing?

Very good topic!  It certainly merits a discussion. emoji-thinking-3d-model-low-poly-max-obj-3ds-fbx.jpg

@alpersezer79

Thank you for your reply and your warm welcome 😊

Internet is now working!

@Gino_C Even if Alanya/Mahmutlar I would say electrictity goes out at least 20 times per year, but a generator helps. (still internet goes out and has to restart, TV, .., but in a few seconds electricity (with generator works) so no being stuck in elevators.

No real problems, we had them in Hungary and Luxembourg as well.

Not having electricity for 6 hours could be an issue though, but in Turkey not experienced so far.