Issuing Saudi Motorcycle License from an Existing Full UK License

Hello,

I am working in Khobar, I have a full UK motorcycle license meaning I can drive a motorcycle of any size or power so long as it's road legal.

i would like to get a Saudi license issued, much like a Saudi car license is issued, a simple swap.

However I cannot find any information on the internet or even in the driving schools, no one seems to know.

The Khobar driving school told me that if I go to Dammam (which I currently have an appointment for) that they will straight up swap it, worst case ask me to drive a motorcycle before issuing the license.

The Alb'qaiq school said something similar but I didn't press them on whether I need to take a test.

The Al Qatif driving school I went to (this is how hard I've been looking for an answer to this question) told me that I maybe will need to get lessons and book an exam, but he didn't seem too sure of himself and had to keep asking his colleague.

So far two officials from Khobar driving school told me the same thing: no test, straight up swap and I think hopefully that's the case. But when I pressed them and asked “can we be 100% certain that is what will happen?” they said no, but they said Dammam's rules are very similar to Khobar's so it's most likely what will happen.

Does anyone here have first hand experience or does anyone here actually know what the rules are?

Thanks in advance

P

@PeterDuprey ive answered my own question:

After many questions and difficulties I have finally discovered that I can straight up swap my full UK motorcycle license for a Saudi license. No exam, no test.

If you are in Khobar/Dammam make sure to book an appointment with “License replacement office of eastern province” or something like that, you can get an appointment within 24 hours.

This is where it is located, if you are not sure you can always go in and talk to them, they are open 6pm-11pm

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZbngTDYD7HwpLpWG7?g_st=ic