EP renewal granted but only for less than 2 months?

Hi,Does this mean my EP got only renewed less than 2 months? Instead of the norm 1-2-3 yrs?I went to check my EP renewal status via https://service2.mom.gov.sg/workpass/enquiry/summary and below is the result:Your application has been approved. Check your In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter for the next steps.ValidPass typeEmployment PassExpiry date28 Feb 2024ValidPass typeEmployment PassExpiry date13 Jan 2024

I Wonder if any new rules been affecting the process.

Could you please share when you have applied for Renewal ? If its before September 2023, this may have been affected because of new EP Norms COMPASS eligibility or Education Document mandatory for EP submissions etc,

What I see is for Renewals / New EP everyone has to go trough the Education Certificate validations for Submission.

Could it be the Expiry Date on the renewal refers to In-Principle Approval(IPA) letter validity as there's a formalities that needs to be done?

Anyway, below are my EP renewal timelines:

1. renewal applied around Oct 2023.
  2. rejected after 3weeks
  3. appeal made on Nov 1st week
  4. Appeal got rejected 2nd week Nov
  5. then Appeal again last week and got approved today (27-Nov-2023)

Btw, already completed education certification validation during the EP application 2021.

@zk3494 is your validity issue resolved ??

my new EP is approved ( transfer to new employer) but validity is just  for  6 months , my current visa will be expired on Oct '24

@Rajesh Sharma1  I guess you would have confused with the Employment Status Online Check validity on Approval.

This states the IPA is valid till that 6 months date and Please refer to the IPA Always for the validity

@zk3494 Please check your IPA for Validity date.

@AR2022

Yeah you are correct, it's just IPA valididty. By the way  my  EP is approved and it is given for 2 year