Waiting for Spouse VISA after applying together at VFS Hyderabad

Me and my spouse applied for Visa through VFS Hyderabad Nov6.

My Visa was processed and received after a week but for my wife they asked for Additional Document - Spouse(my) Employment Contact in Belgium, though it's not listed in Checklist.

We managed to submit it the next day at VFS Nov 11.

Then came a mailer for Mumbai consulate , - your Visa is in Hold with Immigration on Nov 15.

Recent status on BE visa Status - says

Visa Apply Date - 6 Nov

Regustered date - 18 Nov

Status - In Behandeling

Since then i keep seeing same status In Behandeling (In treatment ). We plan to travel by End of November, but I'm  not sure  how long this is going to take.

Im planning to drop a mail as Mumbai Consulate  could help with any status.

@MRamkumar

The consulate will not give any answer. They will only ask us to wait

Received  response - Application is in process. Takes 9 months ,15 months if extended. 😵‍💫

This is a standard response we receive

@MRamkumar

I can totally understand your situation because its frustrating to wait like nonsense.

I am in same situation from feb 2023 . i applied for my husband from New delhi (INDIA) as non EU spouse. Its already 9.5 months waiting and still continuing .

They already ask for extra document from me by sending letter at my belgium address. I submitted even next day after receiving the letter .

Then till now one month passed and response is same like you have to wait .

I am unable to understand this type of system .

@dalvirsandy123

Yeah - patience is the key, but there is a room full of planning to be done😇.

And if i may ask, did you couple have applied it together at VFS?

@MRamkumar

No i have permanent resident card . just my spouse will join me after approvel .

For first time applicant (Single permit), can family application be processes together as a group?