Utility Services like water, gas, electric in Cap Cana etc

Hi all,

I recently purchased a condo in Cap Cana and having trouble figuring out how to get utility services (and internet). My broker told me to email the Cap Cana Administration but using snail mail hardly seems practical. Unsurprisingly, no one responded to our email. Does anyone have any recommendations on who we can contact?  Is there a private company customer service, website and/or place we can visit? We don't close on the condo until December 15th but information seems hard to come by in this country. We are also looking for internet services... If anyone has any recommendations on how we would get a cleaner and handyman that would also be great. I know this is a lot but as a first time buyer in the country without speaking the language it has been tough.

Try https://www.capcanaowners.com

@garvin25 I suggest that once you arrive in Cap Cana, you ask some of your neighbors in your building for referrals on cleaning people and a handyman. You want to be sure to get someone who you can trust and comes with referrals. There's a chance you may go through a few cleaning women before you find one you feel comfortable with. And as far as a handyman, if you tell someone on the street you need one, trust me, he will coincidentally claim to be a handyman, or his brother will be, etc. It's always in your best interest to get referrals. Ask neighbors, ask your HOA who they use, and go from there.  Just my opinion. :-)

Thanks for the advice  The problem is my condo is a new development and I may be the first one in the building. What am adventure

Oh yes! Maybe you can speak with some people in nearby condo buildings?? Just a thought. Good luck. It will be challenging but once you have everything in order you'll be able to relax and enjoy!

Some of the cap cana companies - may vary from you but they can probably direct you.

For water you can try

Coroporaton de aqueductos turistocos

809-469-7222

For internet:

Corporacion de communicaciones y telefono

809-469-7616

For utilities:

Cap Cana Caribe Corp Energia Turista

809-469-7272

https://www.capcanaowners.com/directori … icocapcana

Thanks all! I also just learned that in addition to HOA fees, there is an additional maintenance fee charged by Cap Cana? Anyone have any information on that  or know who I can contact in Cap Cana Administration? I'm surprised how difficult it is to get information even in Cap Cana. These things are so basic and I'd assume there would be a process..... I also need to learn Spanish because of course nothing is in english lol

I was in a one year rental there and Cap Cana does have their own private company that sets up power.   I go see if I can find the address/contact and get back to you.

You should also get a pass so you can enter and exit the area by security just scanning your badge.  This took me months to find out but I finally got it!   I will also pass this on to you.  When is the condo going to be ready?

The developer claims it is ready now and I arrive on Dec 14th and planning to "close" on Dec 15th. I was there last month and it was about 90% complete. They claim 6 other owners have closed so far. I downloaded the Cap Cana app and started the process as an owner to try to get the badge or QR code needed for entry....... I have a lawyer and broker but not the most helpful

From https://www.capcanaowners.com/accessos

Owners Card
To access Cap Cana, Destination City, every owner needs an identification card, which will give them access through the preferential lane. The issuance of this is done in the Customer Service Department, in the Information Center, located at the main entrance of Cap Cana. The card request can also be made by email. See email address on the next page.
Owners can request IDs for their immediate family (spouses and children under 28 years of age). The access cards are the property of Cap Cana, and it reserves the right to disable them.
Resident Card
Any owner who wishes to rent his or her residential unit must provide the Customer Service Department, prior to signing the rental contract, a copy of the identification document of the potential tenant, as well as of all other people who are going to reside in the same. functional unit.
In a maximum period of 5 days and after a debugging process, the Customer Service Department will contact the Owner and will proceed to send him the Resident Identification Request, which must be completed and sent via email along with the contract. lease. The Customer Service Department reserves the right to issue identification cards only to individuals who have satisfactorily gone through the corresponding purging process.
To obtain your card, please download and complete the forms, entering the following link https://www.capcanaowners.com/servicioalcliente and look inside for the option “Issuance of Owner and Resident IDs”. Once completed, send it to [email protected] .

@garvin25

i plan on closing in spring next year. i too plan  on working with my broker and attorney.

Are their any founding HOA Board Members that may be helpful for all that come after you ?