Legal Matters in Malaysia

I'm an expat from the UK looking for information from a legal professional on 1 matter:

1. The lease for my rented property (residential) - my landlord is trying to withhold my initial down payment.

Can anyone help? I've looked at the legal page and it seems complicated and expensive!

@Clarabrit Hi Clarabit, I am Wen Jie, a lawyer in Malaysia. I can understand what you face now and it can be frustrating. May I know what is the reason given by the landlord for the withholding of the payment?

You may message me if it is more comfortable for you. Thanks.

@wenjieco there is no valid reasons from any landlord here, they know foreigners cannot do anything to locals so easy to eat money from foreigners. I said i already handed over the keys and repaired what you asked My landlord said wait untill next month for refund i said why he said if any more repairs work come up untill next month then who will pay.

When i asked little bit angrily he said go file a police report. Many locals don't scare from police they will suggest you go to police. So Foreigners came here for fighting court and police cases?

@Clarabrit you are not alone here, every second foreigners face the same problem here. When they asked for advance and deposits they are happy but they are not happy to refund your money back. I am facing the same and how many other foreigners facing the same problem with landlord.

@wenjieco - Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it. I will message you privately.

@Park Somin I agree that expatriates who come here to bring talent and expertise to Malaysia are vulnerable to unfair treatment from others who sometimes take advantage of the fact that we don't know the system. 

Hi Clara its kind of sad to see u been treated like that. If there anything can be help u can text me and i will see what i can help into ur situation. My friends before face same situation