Advice and insights on opportunities for settlement

Hi everyone,

My name is Olivio Gambo. I´m Angolan, and I'm working now in my country with a family living in Portugal. We want to move next year to France and allow my kids to explore another language and culture.

I researched and identified the city of Nantes as one of the good places for expat families. I´m looking for a safe place where nature is attractive and quiet, reasonable in price, with good education and opportunities for kids to grow and develop.

I would much appreciate your advice and insights on opportunities for settlement, documentation, house buying or letting. I want to visit the potential city with my family in December and prepare to move by June next year.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Best Regards,

O.

Hello Gambo92,

Welcome on board !

I suggest that you read the articles under the Living in France guide for expats to know more about visa requirements and jobs as you will need to sustain a living there.

Immigrating to France is quite difficult as authorities do not deliver residency that easily. You need to first find a job contract which can be complicated as European have priority other the rest.

What are your qualifications ? And what jobs will you be looking for ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna,

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.

This information will help a lot and I will keep on going through the several articles available. However, take note that I don't plan to work in France for now as I can keep on working overseas.

My big concern is to identify first of all the best city for my children, particularly safe as I will be travelling several times, get better knowledge on the opportunities and challenges to move (permisses, house buying as ex-pats, a school for kids, taxes, ….) to avoid a stressful process and may be false expectations.

Best Regards,

Olivio