Moving to Malta

HI, I'm planning to move to Malta from the UK next year. Has anyone  had experience of using a moving company from the UK to move personal stuff like kitchen equipment, computers (not furniture) etc etc to Malta.

What I did was take several trips back and forth, and just purchased extra check in luggage each time, and got everything over bit by bit.

If it is not a massive amount of stuff get a heavy duty pallet box made from HD corrugated from a local packaging supplier in the UK, you can get then in half and full Europa size. They are very strong export grade shipping containers with a built in pallet and can be anything from 80cm x 60cm up to 120 x 100 and then have it shipped by MaltaPost Send On. Their website gives you approximate costs dependent on size and weight. We added our own load restraint straps for extra security and strength.

No problems except it had been opened by Malta Customs and at some point 1 item when missing so add insurance!

Thanks for your suggestion. I will acutally have quite a lot of stuff so the sizes you mentioned may be too small. However, I may be use them for some of the items. I will find out abouts costs and compare best ways of sending stuff over.

HI, I'm planning to move to Malta from the UK next year. Has anyone  had experience of using a moving company from the UK to move personal stuff like kitchen equipment, computers (not furniture) etc etc to Malta.

-@Casmar

Contact 'Trotters Independent Traders' (Google or Facebook for details) here in Malta. They ship anything from a car or a house full to a small parcel from a shop. Regular service from UK to Malta

Trotters or Ship Low Cost.  I used SLC and was fine.