Spass Application Status

Hello. I Am from India. I got a call from an immigration from india and they told that your resume has been shortlisted for xxxxx a position and you will get a call from Singapore by today. Like that I got a call from Singapore and they explained me all the terms and told you need not to pay any amount to both Singapore and indian agency. After that they told me to take medical checkup and send the report passport copy and educational certificate. I sent all this in August itself. After that they told me that the visa process will take 10 to 12 weeks from the date of documents submitted. My 12 weeks got completed. But till now I didn't get my visa. They sent me an offer letter. I checked in MOM website and it shows me no data founds. But I asked the recruiters about it. They told me that it's under process. Along with me my 3 friends also applied for different position. They also got the same response. But the only fact is they didn't receive any amount from us. Is there anybody experienced this...

@katheejamohamed2001 You received a call from a recruiter without having applied for a job? Then they applied for a work pass before you saw and agreed to the offer letter?

This is NOT the normal way to do this and sounds very fishy!

You should contact the employer directly and ask whether they actually engaged this agent (and thus will pay their fees). If they comfirm, then ask the agent to check with MoM why your application cannot be found in their system - certainly something os wrong here and no processing is done (12 weeks lost …).

In plain simple term, paying to an agent or recruitment agency is illegal here. Dont pay.

In Singapore, there were several black listed agencies operating to trick people from other countries. They get black listed by MoM but in a year or two, they open their shop with a new name and continue doing their business.

@beppi I have applied in Website. After that only they called me. After I sent the medical report they sent me the offer letter and I signed it and I sent to them. After this only they told me that this process will take 10 to 12 weeks. Can u please clear me this.

@surya2k I didn't pay a single amount. I just paid 4500 for medical check up only. Even that money also I paid directly to the medical Centre only.

That sounds roughly o.k. then!

(Sorry for suspecting the agents - there are many dishonest ones!)

if the medical check was S$4500, you got scammed! if it was another currency, you must decide for yourself whether it was appropriate.

But the agent should check with MoM why your application was not yet entered into the system and when pricessing will start!

@beppi No. It is not 4500 SGD. 4500 Indian Rupees.

Good luck.. but its bit surprise that the employer cant pay $60-70 from their pocket.