It has been almost 3 months and no news on blue card

Hello,

my employer applied to EU blue card for me on 01/08/2023 and it has been almost 90 days however, there is still no news. As EU laws indicates that they must answer my application in 90 days, is there something I can do?

Is there anyone else applied to blue card around these times, so maybe I can have a bit of insight.

best regards,

Mine is not a blue card but yes normally it is 90 days. But on their website there is a note that there is an extention of 1 month for blue card and highly skilled applications.

Is it the first approval or renewal? As I know 90 days is counted after the files are approved as admissable. Can you or your employer received an admissable note from them?

@Aycan Gunal Yes we received, actually the first date we submitted file was 10/07 but then they asked for additional file and now on the system, my file submission date seems 01/08.

If it is a first application, it shows now on the website: https://www.vlaanderen.be/toelating-tot … tot-arbeid that they need more than 3 months before they start treating those files

If it is a renewal it is more than 1 month

@dorukcanbasibuyuk maybe they might be still investigating your files. As I know the countdown starts after the file is found admissable. There is a number on the paper and they share information as much as they know. They can tell you If your standard countdown has started or your files are still being checked by them. Wish you and all of us the best...

@Ralph Bou ghanem Yes it is a new application but on the site it says for EU blue cards that it takes 3 months (for English website, however in flemish it is actually +3 months), not more

@Aycan Gunal Thanks, yeah my goal was to see other blue card applicants so I can compare my process timeline with them but seems that there is no one else in here.. thanks for your wishes!

Hi @dorukcanbasibuyuk, hope you have received your blue card already. So eventually how long did it take from the submission to the decision? Thanks!