Getting married and living in the Philippines permanently

On my criminal record I have two things that were misdemeanors one was dismissed the other one was cleared but they are both on my record will that prevent me from getting married and staying in the Philippines

In some areas the Philippines is several hundred years behind the first world.

For example:

Between 1788 and 1868 the UK deported 168K convicts to Australia. 2023: From numerous posts about criminal records it seems many want to self deporting themselves to the Philippines.

Now my opinion to the OP, I don't think the Philippines is capable of discovering misdemeanors especially if they happened years ago.

I'm sure there are a few members of this forum who reside in the Philippines who had misdemeanors, but  like to leave it in the past instead of making it public knowledge.

I always think about the good old days. I would not mind living at a place that would be about 50 years behind.

@reaves - if you are a free man now, I do not see why you would be prevented from getting married in the Phillipines.

@Enzyte Bob

From numerous posts about criminal records it seems many want to self deporting themselves to the Philippines.

I get the impression Bob (maybe its just me) that half the ex-convict population of the USA are emigrating to the Philippines.

That said our friend Jim (miss the pic ;) ) Rockford was an ex-con and he turned out to be one of the good guys. For the record he was given a full pardon :)

@Enzyte Bob
From numerous posts about criminal records it seems many want to self deporting themselves to the Philippines.

I get the impression Bob (maybe its just me) that half the ex-convict population of the USA are emigrating to the Philippines.
That said our friend Jim (miss the pic wink.png ) Rockford was an ex-con and he turned out to be one of the good guys. For the record he was given a full pardon smile.png-@Lotus Eater

It does seem that there are enough Ex Pats on the Forum with criminal records to fill a flight and I can just imagine the announcement before take off if they were all on one flight.

"Good afternoon and welcome aboard todays flight, I am your first officer - Cyrus Grissom (AKA Cyrus the Virus) and I welcome you on board todays flight (AK47) from Lernar Airfield to Manila. For your entertainment today we have a great selection of movies including The Fugitive and Midnight Run. When walking around the cabin, please be aware of the blood stains in the aisles. We have some special offers on our duty free range today including - Buy a fake passport and get a free fake ID Card. Have a pleasant flight."

@Enzyte BobFrom numerous posts about criminal records it seems many want to self deporting themselves to the Philippines.I get the impression Bob (maybe its just me) that half the ex-convict population of the USA are emigrating to the Philippines.That said our friend Jim (miss the pic wink.png ) Rockford was an ex-con and he turned out to be one of the good guys. For the record he was given a full pardon smile.png-@Lotus Eater

It does seem that there are enough Ex Pats on the Forum with criminal records to fill a flight and I can just imagine the announcement before take off if they were all on one flight.

"Good afternoon and welcome aboard todays flight, I am your first officer - Cyrus Grissom (AKA Cyrus the Virus) and I welcome you on board todays flight (AK47) from Lernar Airfield to Manila. For your entertainment today we have a great selection of movies including The Fugitive and Midnight Run. When walking around the cabin, please be aware of the blood stains in the aisles. We have some special offers on our duty free range today including - Buy a fake passport and get a free fake ID Card. Have a pleasant flight."

-@Cherryann01

Now I know why it's so hard to settle the writer's strike in Hollywood.

@Enzyte BobFrom numerous posts about criminal records it seems many want to self deporting themselves to the Philippines.I get the impression Bob (maybe its just me) that half the ex-convict population of the USA are emigrating to the Philippines.That said our friend Jim (miss the pic wink.png ) Rockford was an ex-con and he turned out to be one of the good guys. For the record he was given a full pardon smile.png-@Lotus Eater

Lotus. . . Not particular to any first world country, but 49% of Expats are running away from something or running to something in the Philippines.

Then  another 49% believe their new business opportunity lies in Dumaguete, buy a tee shirt, smart phone and live happily ever after making money on a Youtube channel.

Then their are 2% watching Rockford 24/7, like you & me.

No Rockford. Kojak baby, Kojak.

Excuse me Sir, just one more question.

some of  those people like  to  tell  bullshit about  the philippines i sorry i dont  agree i have  been  fews times  and i  did  enjoy the  place and  the  pepole

vincent RIZZO said. . . . some of  those people like  to  tell  bullshit about  the philippines i sorry i dont  agree i have  been  fews times  and i  did  enjoy the  place and  the  pepole

Welcome to the forum "Ratso" (Rizzo of Midnight Cowboy)