Family reunificatio EU (non Belgian) and Non-Eu citizen process

Hi everybody,

My wife is Italian who lives in brussels right now. I am coming from Turkey. we would like to do the family reunification. To be honest we dont know where to start. We have been told that since she is not Belgian and european its kinda more easier to get.

-Which documents do we have to submit to the city hall?

-How long does it take to get the orange card and eventually the f card?

Thank you.

Is she working there?

what kind of paper she has for the moment ?

@OK78

I think is more better if your wife who leaves in Brussels Belgium now can make an appointment with the commune and get all the informations needed for the procedures ... Very easy.

@cedrickshema250

Oh sorry. I totally forgot to mention this. She is a trainee now. She went to commune to live officially in Brussels and the polica came to visit her. She has a some sort of document now until she gets the residence card. they told her to wait to be able to get the residence card which takes 6 months apparently. But yeah she has some kind of proof now.

i don't have more information about that,

better you talk to commune i think they will help you

If she sends an email to her commune and ask for a family reunion procedure with a Non-EU, she will be given all info and necessary documents to be submitted and federal fee also.

This procedure is obviously and one of the procedures that any commune in Belgium will support.

So why not sending an email right away?

@OK78

I think first she needs to get a residence card which will be valid for i think 5 years before she can start the procedure.

Now she has just the receipt of the application, and certain conditions are to be met before she can get the residence card.

She has to show proof of working , or actively searching for a job.

With what she has now, it will be difficult.

kindly wait until she gets her residence card, then it will be easy truly.

without which, you may need a lawyer

hi: I can share a little  my experience. I think every gemeente work differently.  I am coming from Non EU country ( Indonesia).  My husband comes from Nederland.

First, we got the house, then he got the job, and then he applied for a resident permit, after the police came, he had the letter from Gemeente that confirmed he was a resident in their region / the address ( attestation letter from Gemeente). at the moment, he is still waiting for a resident permit/card. As he is working interim, the gemeente asked him to give the pay slip for every 3 months. I use the attestation letter from Gemeente to proceed the visa . i apply Directive visa 204/38EC - Reunification Visa for EU members for non-EU spouse . this visa is only a short visa ( type c) I applied for the visa at Belgium emb in Jakarta (Indonesia) and i got 3-month visa.

I came here on 27/Sept, prior to my arrival, my husband made the appointment with gemeente for me. upon arrival, we went to gemeente to report and they gave us a letter for registration. later they email us to get us for 1st registration of the resident permit (annex 19) .

And we have 2 appointments, one with the politie agent in Arendonk for Married investigation and 2nd with gemeente. after the interview at Arendonk politie office, they sent politie to check the address.

meanwhile, the gemeentee also issue us annex 19 , then the politie agent from gemeente came to verify the address too, yesterday , i got my orange card.

My husband in early October, he gave to gemeente a letter from his company, stating that his job with the company would become permanent after he completed the interim contract which is end in November,  last 2 weeks ago,  my husband got the letter from Gemeente to make an appointment to pick up his resident card.

@OK78

I don't know about Belgium processes, specifically, but...

FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT is enshrined in the EU directives for ALL EU citizens. It doesn't matter for what reason, and you can even be unemployed. However, you should do the process called EU CITIZEN REGISTRATION if you want to stay more than 90 days in a particular EU country (other than that of your citizenship). Typically, you must provide proof of EU citizenship (passport), proof of funds, proof of health insurance, and proof of address. This registration may or not give you a paper certificate or a biometric ID card (depends on the country, Spain gave me the former, Bulgaria and Cyprus gave me the latter). Once you've done the registration process, you're a legal resident of that country (even if you don't have a biometric residence permit).

Once you are a legal resident, you can apply for FAMILY REUNIFICATION. You prove that you're resident (paperwork from above), and the family relationship (e.g. marriage certificate). And usually similar proofs to above (funds, address, health insurance).

The EU passport is key, and both steps above are relatively easy as a result of having it. I would say, as a broad generalization, the process is similarly easy in all EU countries. However, the difference is that the proofs (funds, address, health insurance) are much more expensive in a high-cost country (e.g. Germany) compared to a low-cost country (e.g. Bulgaria).

Please i have a question ,  please let some with an idea help me ..  I know a friend he is an EU member living and working in belgium . is it possible to marry a visitor of a Non EU member from africa. he wants to invite her girlfriend to Belgium and then get married to her when she is in belgium. he wants to know the possibilty in that, thanks

@hanney deGroot  Please i have a question ,  please let some with an idea help me ..  I know a friend he is an EU member living and working in belgium . is it possible to marry a visitor of a Non EU member from africa. he wants to invite her girlfriend to Belgium and then get married to her when she is in belgium. he wants to know the possibilty in that, any ideas ? thanks…

@hanney deGroot

Okey. I havent heard anything about the police investegation before. Where did you guys married? and how long did it take for you to get your orange card?