Using your existing phone number

When I arrived in Davao, I bought a "Smart" eSim and a plan.   I told them I needed to retain my existing AT&T phone number to support international calling and texts to the US.  I can see my old US number is listed as "Primary" on my phone.

After that, my AT&T plan was canceled to avoid their $10 a day international service.

Now, I see that I'm losing the ability to text friends unless using WhatsApp.  Last night I started receiving troubling emails from my bank(s) saying my US number is suspended because it's inactive.  Secondary Authorization functionality is now a big issue.

Is there a good solution for this?  I certainly don't mind paying a bit more for something that really does allow me to use my old phone number. My world feels like it's collapsing around me, it's freaking me out...

Thanks for any advice,

Chris

Chris.. I hope this will help ya.  I am using the MagicJack App and ported my original US ATT telephone number over to the MJ via my Wifi VoIP.  I use it constantly here in the Philippines.. calls and texts.  It runs about $35 per year.. no additional charges no matter how many texts or calls you make.. b/c it's over the internet.  I am happy with mine.. no complaints.  Then I use Google voice which is free to send pics and video chat.   Antonio